General Administration Supervisor I/Coordinator I
- Full Time
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : $45,000-$48,000; commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
The George Mason University, Interdisciplinary Center for Economic Science (ICES) is seeking to fill a full-time, benefitted Office Manager position, based at Masonâ€™s Arlington campus. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Responsibilities: The Office Manager processes detailed transactions and oversees management of financial, human resources (HR), and administrative matters for ICES. The Office Manager serves as first point of contact for ICES on issues related to purchasing, staff hiring, office equipment, and other administrative areas; keeps the office open during normal business hours; assists the faculty with the ICES Seminar and Brown Bag series; and provides excellent customer service to our faculty, staff and students. Duties include:
- Handling the daily administrative processes necessary to maintain ICES;
- Assisting in overseeing Wage, Student Wage, and Graduate Assistant hires;
- Processing contracts, hiring, tuition authorizations, graduate health insurance, funding change forms, etc. for ICES Graduate Assistants;
- Assisting with processing travel authorizations and reimbursements for ICES faculty, Graduate Assistants, select guests, and others;
- Ordering office supplies and tracking stock;
- Serving as HR coordinator, information technology coordinator, telecommunications coordinator, inventory coordinator, and space liaison for ICES;
- Assisting with website maintenance as requested;
- Additional office management tasks as needed; and
- May supervise some administrative hourly wage and student wage employees. Reporting and Record-Keeping:
- Responsible for maintaining all financial and HR records, and providing reports as requested by the ICES Director and other ICES faculty as requested. Meeting and Event Coordination:
- Responsible for coordinating and assisting with all ICES Seminars, Brown Bags, etc. Required Qualifications:
- Bachelorâ€™s degree or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience;
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills that are necessary for interactions with students, faculty, staff, and other departments;
- Must be an independent worker who can multitask, is self-motivated, and well-organized;
- Must be able to assist with technical support for office equipment;
- Ability to learn administrative tasks quickly and willing to take on new projects; and
- Expertise in Microsoft Office suite and basic HTML. Preferred Qualifications:
- Demonstrated administrative support experience for an academic unit, department or program;
- Higher education or public workforce experience;
- Proficient with Banner, eVA, TRS, and the collegeâ€™s Budget Tracking System (BTS);
- Experience with WordPress;
- Previous experience reconciling and managing grants; and
- Previous supervisory experience.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 01680z at http://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :