AboutWeb is looking for 8 Product Owners for the Reston, VA area.
- In an Agile environment, lead the efforts to create product roadmaps and develop product backlogs by working closely with a team of business analysts, business and solutions architects, SMEs , and external and internal business stakeholders.
- Identify relevant product themes/epics and develop user stories to create product backlogs. Work with stakeholders to determine business needs and priorities, provides direct product support to multiple Agile development teams, and communicate with senior management on product definition and progress.
- Manage stakeholder expectations, define the Minimal Viable Product (MVP) for the initial production release, and provide ongoing leadership in subsequent versions, releases or updates to ensure product is providing business value to the stakeholders.
- Work with the Scrum Masters to schedule and lead grooming sessions with the scrum teams.
- Provide guidance and necessary inputs from business perspective to the scrum teams during the grooming sessions. Product Owner assists with communicating the technical challenges/hurdles to product manager and helps resolve any business-related issues. Follows the FEPOC Agile playbook and process support agile delivery.
- Coordinates and works with other product owners to ensure compatibility across product lines. Conducts product increment planning sessions with internal and external business stakeholders to understand business priorities for the upcoming release/iteration. Plan and conduct the release planning session with the internal scrums teams to share the business priorities for the upcoming release/iteration and share roadmap. Participate into daily scrum stand-ups as required, product demonstrations and other scrum ceremonies.
- Provide inputs to product manager and business owners in defining the strategic business roadmap to achieve the program vision.