Careers at the Applied Research Laboratory at the Pennsylvania State University
Located in the heart of Happy Valley, State College, PA, The Applied Research Laboratory (ARL) at Penn State is an integral part of one of the leading research universities in the nation and serves as a University Center of Excellence in Defense science, systems, and technologies with a focus in naval missions and related areas. As a DoD-designated, U.S. Navy UARC (University Affiliated Research Center), ARL maintains a long-term strategic relationship with the U.S. Navy and provides support for other services. We are searching for a highly motivated polymer scientist to join our Process Development and Structural Characterization Department, within the Composite Materials Division of the Materials and Manufacturing Office.
Employment at ARL includes many benefits and rewards, including:
• Professional Development
• Career Advancement Opportunities
• 75% Tuition Discount for you and your family
• Safe and Diverse Community
• College Sporting Event Mecca
• World-Class Entertainment Facilities and Events
• Cultural Events
• Good Public Education System
• Activities for All Stages of your Life
What YOU Will Do…
You will assist with various polymeric materials development activities. The activities may include new material development, process development and demonstration, characterization, and part fabrication with a variety of thermoset polymers. Initial focus will include, but not be limited to, polyurethanes and polyureas. You may be involved with condensation polymer processing with plural component meter, mix, and dispense equipment, as well as addition polymer processing (both free radical and cationic) in an additive manufacturing process.
What YOU Need to be Successful…
Non-tenure track faculty rank will be commensurate with education level and experience. Minimum requirements include a Master`s degree (PhD preferred) in Polymer Science or Mechanical Engineering plus 10 years of related experience.
• Thermoset elastomer development
• New material development, process development and demonstration, characterization, and part fabrication with a variety of thermoset polymers
• Working knowledge of a wide range of materials characterization techniques, including mechanical property testing, dynamic mechanical analysis, differential scanning calorimetry, and chemical analysis
• Working knowledge of polymer structure-property relationships and the ability to produce new thermoset materials with specific properties
You will be subject to a government security investigation and you must be a U.S. citizen to apply. Employment with the Applied Research Laboratory will require successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION on other positions at ARL, visit our web site at http://www.arl.psu.edu .
Apply online at http://apptrkr.com/1199460
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS: For more about safety at Penn State, and to review the Annual Security Report which contains information about crime statistics and other safety and security matters, please go to http://www.police.psu.edu/clery/, which will also provide you with detail on how to request a hard copy of the Annual Security Report.
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.