Company Location: Washington, DC Metro Area
The company is seeking an experienced leader to oversee all residential maintenance operations. The Director will maintain a high level of quality & efficiency in all aspects of the maintenance operations across the company for almost 7,000 units.
The Director, Maintenance will:
- Establish maintenance manpower needs across the company to ensure all properties are appropriately staffed with the right skillsets; make final selections for all maintenance positions
- Develop and implement processes and procedures that reduce short and long-term operation costs for the properties, while increasing efficiency and productivity.
- Work with property team to develop and oversee a thorough preventive maintenance program to ensure that all building systems, elements and components are maintained and serviced according to industry standards and manufacturer requirements
- Inspect properties and ensure that cleaning, grounds-keeping, inventory control, and general maintenance is being performed according to company policies and procedures
- Work in conjunction with leadership to optimize negotiated relationships for procurement
- Review and negotiate outside vendor contracts for all maintenance related services; refresh and expand pool of contractors as needed
- Ensure an effective & compliant safety program to include policies & guidelines.
- Participate in annual budget process for each property, including projection of capital needs, expenses, and service contracts
- Lead and participate in regular maintenance meetings
- Identify building defects, and propose suitable solutions/options and approximation of costs
- Create detailed scopes of work for, manage competitive bidding process, identify qualified contractors, and manage project through to successful completion, in coordination with other departments
The candidate must at least meet these minimum qualifications:
- College degree a plus; some college preferred
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in maintenance work and operations in residential property management
- Good working knowledge of building systems, including HVAC, plumbing, & electrical
- HVAC & CFC certifications
- Extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals, and the ability to work independently and take initiative;
- Strong organizational and management skills
- Strong written and verbal skills, organizational excellence
- Experience with Yardi or other property management software; ability to create reports and analyze property performance metrics related to work order completion, turnover, and preventive maintenance
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and company software.
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to travel 50-75% for site visits; travel to properties based on specific needs/projects underway and as part of normal rotation to inspect/observe conditions and thoroughness and quality of operations
Send resumes & salary requirements via email to email@example.com for immediate consideration. E/O/E.