Job Title: Network Engineer
Job Location: Washington, DC
Job Code: 10565239
Imagine One is looking for a Network Engineer to support a Cloud migration effort. This position provides a unique opportunity for a motivated individual to lead and provide immediate direction in creating a new production network from the ground up. This individual will be given the ability to make most of the architecture decisions, have significant input on the network infrastructure procurements, and have substantial input in the procedural operations of this network.
Individual must have experience with installing, configuring and securing network infrastructure appliances which include (but are not limited to):
• Routers (preferably Palo Alto or Cisco ASA but not required)
• Firewalls (preferably Palo Alto or Cisco ASA but not required)
• Switches (preferably Cisco Catalyst but not required)
Individual must have experience with most of the following:
- Applying network security configurations according to vendor best practices
- Configure networks to be segmented into different VLANS
- Configure proxies
- Setup multiple site-to-site VPN tunneling through central routing point
- Experience working on Department of Defense or Department of State networks is preferable.
- Examples of duties to be performed include:
- Conduct and review network assessments.
- Assist with development and review of network diagrams and technical documentation.
- Assist with development of network support requirements.
- Ensure all network requirements are thoroughly tested.
- Ensure all software is reviewed and supportable on the network.
- Work with team to ensure network is capable of supporting Cloud and meets all requirements.
- Assist with design, buildout, and sustainment of a Development Local Area Network (DevLan).
- Conduct network analysis of the DevLan environment.
- Collaborate with the Cloud Engineering Support staff to optimize the network, and migrate multiple, disparate networks to the Microsoft Azure cloud environment.
- Assist with the development of program Risk Management Plan (RMP); review of vendor Risk Management Software Application Manual (SAM) and Software User Manual (SUM); development of marketing strategies; and development of user training.
- Provide user training in the local DC-MD-VA area, via telcon, and/or video teleconferencing (VTC).
- Assist with the development of program Configuration Management Plan (CMP) and review of vendor Configuration Management SAM and SUM.
Education: BS degree in Relevant Engineering/Science Field.
Experience: Three (3) years of experience in Relevant Technical Field.
- Contractor personnel assigned to this contract shall possess SECRET security clearance issued by Defense Security Service (DSS) prior to contract performance.
- U.S. Citizenship required
Imagine One offers a full package of benefits and competitive salary, excellent group medical, vision and dental programs. 401K savings plan; $4K annual tuition reimbursement ($5K if pursuing Master’s degree); employee training, development and education programs; profit sharing; advancement opportunities; and much more! Imagine One is an Employee Owned Company!
EEO/AA Employer. Protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities encouraged to apply.
Apply for Network Engineer
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly