Member Support Associate
The Member Support Associate primarily answers incoming calls to the main NAIS number and takes the lead on responding to emails sent to assigned email inboxes using a customer support ticketing system, as well as assisting with data entry and updates of member records across all membership platforms. The Member Support Assistant must have a thorough knowledge of the organization’s products and services to achieve customer satisfaction. Through trends in emails or phone calls, helps identify ways to better the member experience.
At NAIS, we are passionate about education and the work that we do to advance it. We are customer-focused and always strive for excellence. We work collaboratively and value creativity and initiative. We foster empathy, flexibility, and cultural competence. As an integral part of the NAIS staff, this position is expected to serve as an engaged and involved team member, supportive of the varied experiences and perspectives of internal and external colleagues; to support and actively build an office culture dedicated to superior customer service that exceeds customer expectations; and to work within the team and among teams to ensure that decisions are made to further the organization’s goals, particularly the goals of modeling multiculturalism and helping to build inclusive school communities.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Answering phone calls to the main NAIS line, including answering inquiries, directing callers to the appropriate resources, and helping to resolve and escalate complaints to ensure caller satisfaction.
- Responding to email in the “login”, “school update”, and other assigned inboxes in a timely manner to enhance the member experience, and serving as backup to other email inboxes, as needed.
- Maintaining membership related data by adding/updating CRM.
- Making outbound calls for follow-up and to support member success.
- Assuming other responsibilities, as assigned, such as processing mail list requests and sending renewals.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong telephone etiquette skills
- Strong customer service orientation, with the ability to actively listen, elicit information, comprehend customer issues/needs and recommend solutions
- Effective organizational, multitasking, and prioritizing skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once and move projects ahead efficiently
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and comfort working in databases
- 1+ years administrative/membership support experience interfacing with internal and external customers desired
- Private school experience a plus
NOTE: Travel is not an option for the Member Support Associate position. The Member Support Associate must be available to work between 8:30 am and 5:30 pm.