Senior International Attorney, MC-905-3A
3 days left
- Full Time
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Applicant must have a minimum of four (4) years of international transactional or relevant development experience as a practicing attorney in private industry, public service, or non-profit arena. This experience must have provided the applicant with the knowledge, skills, qualifications, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. Note: This experience MUST be well documented within your resume or application.
This position has a positive education requirement; therefore, all applicants MUST provide a copy of a transcript demonstrating successful completion of a full course of study (graduation with a JD) in a school of law accredited by the American Bar Association (ABA). Failure to supply such a transcript will result in an incomplete application package.Bar Membership:
Applicant must provide evidence of current, active membership in good standing of the bar of a state, territory of the United States, District of Columbia, or Commonwealth of Puerto Rico. Failure to supply evidence of membership in good standing of a bar association will result in an incomplete application package.
Highly Desirable: The ability to speak, read, write, and review documents in French, especially in a legal and business setting.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit may be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. To receive credit you must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours worked per week.
- Application of Veterans' Preference: There is no formal rating system for applying veterans' preference to attorney appointments in the excepted service; however, the Millennium Challenge Corporation considers veterans' preference eligibility as a positive factor in attorney hiring. Applicants eligible for veterans' preference are encouraged to include that information in their cover letter or resume and attach supporting documentation (e.g., DD Form 214 or other substantiating documents) to their submissions.
- The position may be filled by reassignment, change to lower level, transfer, appointment, or reinstatement. Management may use any one or any combination of these methods to fill the position.
- Qualifications by Closing Date: You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of the announcement. Please note that qualification claims will be subject to verification.
- Pay: Your pay will be set within the range specified in this vacancy announcement and will be based on your qualifications, education, experience, training, and availability of funds.
- Promotion Potential: If the position is advertised with promotion potential, the selectee may be promoted to the full performance level without further competition. Selection at a lower pay band level does not guarantee promotion to the full performance level, nor is the promise of promotion implied.
- DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE: PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE WILL NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE. If your resume/ application does not support your questionnaire answers, we will not allow credit for your response(s). Your resume must contain sufficiently detailed information upon which to make a qualification determination.
- Selectee may be required to complete a Public Financial Disclosure Report (OGE Form 278) or a Confidential Financial Disclosure Form (OGE 450).
- Probationary/Trial Period: You may be required to serve a two-year trial period.
Government Travel Card - You must be able to obtain and maintain a Government contractor issued travel card to be used for official business.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
This job is being filled under Schedule A hiring authority 5 CFR 213.3102 and is excepted from the competitive civil service. You will be evaluated and deemed either eligible or ineligible based on the relevance and quality of your experience and education, bar membership, and on the required and desired qualifications described above. All eligible applicants will be further evaluated by subject-matter experts.
- Technical Competence
If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience your category can and will be adjusted to more reflect your abilities, and you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
Read more Security clearance Top Secret