Senior Program Manager
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: At least one (1) year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13 level in the Federal service or equivalent in other pay systems that equipped me with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) to perform successfully the duties of the position. Specialized experience must include mastery knowledge of the concepts, principles, and methods of strategic planning as it relates to human capital management in order to develop human resources strategy. Mastery of a broad scope of human resources development policies, principles, and procedures. Knowledge of other aspects of human resources management such as recruitment and placement, career programs,
classification, and performance management as they relate to leadership and management development, resource/portfolio management, and strategic planning. Knowledge of the concepts, principles and methods of long-range program plans, goals, objectives, and milestones for resource/portfolio management. Mastery of a wide range of qualitative and quantitative analytical methods and techniques. Knowledge of policies and procedures for preparation of effective and persuasive written and oral communication products in order to articulate directorate programs.
Click on the following link to view occupational requirements for this position: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/0300/miscellaneous-administration-and-program-series-0301/
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
- A comprehensive knowledge in supporting initiatives linked to organizational strategy, program goals and objectives.
- A comprehensive knowledge of the relationship of the various organizational entities involved in overall planning and execution of policy development and the way the organizational policy process supports, impacts, guides and changes organizational activities.
- A high degree of skill in designing and conducting policy implementation plans, policy portfolio management, negotiation, comprehensive studies, policy guidance narratives, and policy issue papers, to produce fully justified options that can be presented to the senior levels of an
organization on policy impact.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, negotiate complex issues, using tact and diplomacy and maintain good working relations from a Headquarters level of a large organization to business units or lower level organizational entities.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP): For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible click here. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated in the "Highly Qualified" or "Best Qualified" Category on the rating criteria for this vacancy. You must submit a copy of the agency notice, your most recent performance rating, and your most recent SF-50 noting position, grade level, and duty location.
Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants): Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click here for more information.
Temporary and Term Appointments: If you are selected for a temporary or term position in the competitive service, your appointment may be extended to the maximum period allowed by law without further competition. Additionally, if you are serving on a term appointment in the competitive service, you may be converted to a career or career-conditional appointment without further competition. NOTE: Current federal civilian employees may apply for this position and if selected, a break in service of at least 3 days may be required prior to appointment to this position.
90-Day Register: This announcement may result in a 90-day register that may be used to fill like vacancies for 90 days after the closing date. Applicants may be referred for consideration as vacancies occur.
Selective Service: Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service. For additional information, click here.
Direct Deposit: All federal employees are required to have direct deposit.
If you have questions regarding this announcement and have hearing or speech difficulties click here.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Your responses to the questionnaire may be compared to the documents you submit. The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "insufficient information" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
Applicants who disqualify themselves will not be evaluated further.
BASIS OF RATING:
Your application will be rated under the Category Rating procedures based on the extent to which the quality, depth, and complexity of your experience and education relate to the qualifications requirement. Additional points are not added for Veteran's Preference; however, Veteran Preference is still applied.
Category 3, Best Qualified: Candidates in this category possess exceptional skills and experience to exceed well above the minimum requirements.
Category 2, Highly Qualified: Candidates in this category possess good skills and experience above the minimum requirements.
Category 1, Qualified: Candidates in this category meet the minimum education and/or experience requirements.
Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. To determine if you are qualified for this job, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire. The numeric rating you received is based on your responses to the questionnaire. The score is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the knowledge, skills and abilities required of this position. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, your score can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. Please follow all instructions carefully.
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your Resume (your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications)
- If you submit more than one copy of your resume, only the most recent (latest) version will be reviewed. The latest timestamp will be used to determine which version of your resume is "most recent." It is your responsibility to check the status and timestamp of all documents you submit as part of your application.
- If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, you will not be considered for this vacancy.
- For qualification determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and dates of employment (i.e., hours per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as insufficient and you will not receive consideration for this position.
3. Additional Required Documents (see Required Documents section below). Ensure all submitted documents contain your full name, address, phone number, and last four digits of your social security number. Read more Security clearance Secret