Occasional travel - May be required to fly in commercial and military aircraft to perform temporary/permanent duty assignments.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
The screen out element for this position is; Ability to Lead or Supervise.
JOB ELEMENTS: Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of the theory, operation, and integration of all mechanical, pneudraulic, electrical, electronic, and other operating systems of a variety of aircraft.
2. Knowledge of the startup, operation, shutdown, and emergency procedures for the systems and the aircraft; symptoms of normal and abnormal operation; and the inter-relationships between operating systems.
3. Knowledge of associated trades such as sheet metal, painting, aircraft electrical, electronics, and aircraft engine work.
4. Knowledge of safety regulations, practices, and procedures.
5. Knowledge of supply procedures, the publication order system, tool, equipment and material accounting and security and documentation procedures.
6. Skill to check all functional and support systems, operate engine(s), determine what systems are malfunctioning; and search repair directives, technical orders, blueprints and manuals to determine repairs needed.
7. Skill in the use of all tools of the trade, test equipment, test stands, power sources, cockpit instruments, gauges, and controls.
8. Skill in the operation of diagnostic and on-board electronic equipment/systems to identify proper and improper operation of aircraft systems, components, and parts.
9. Ability to analyze guidelines, maintenance modification orders, to determine material, equipment and personnel needs and to perform technical reviews of guides to locate discrepancies or propose improvements to methods or specifications.
Functional Requirements: Heavy lifting (80 lbs and over). Heavy carrying (45 lbs and over). Reaching above the shoulder. Use of fingers. Both hands required. Hours of walking are 4 Hours/day. Hours of sanding are 4 Hours/day. Hours of repeated bending are 4 hours/week. Climbing, use of legs and arms. Both legs required. Operation of crane, truck, tractor, or motor vehicle. Near vision correctable at 13 inches to I 6 inches to Jaeger I to 4. Far vision correctable in one eye to 20/20 and 220/40 in the other. Depth perception. Ability to distinguish basic colors. Ability to distinguish shades of color. Hearing (aid permitted). Hearing (without aid). If it can be otherwise accommodated, a specific physical condition or impairment will not automatically disqualify a candidate.
Environmental Factors: Work is performed in hanger areas, outdoors, in parked aircraft, and sometimes in hazardous noise areas. Exposed to extremes in heat, cold, humidity and inclement weather. Must work in confined areas and in awkward positions. Exposed to dirt, grease, and aircraft fluids, oil, hydraulic fluid, solvents, and hazardous fluids and gases such as Hydrazine and Halon. Subject to cuts, bruises, muscle strain, and injury from falls off scaffolds, ladders, and aircraft surfaces. Slippery or uneven walking surfaces. Working around machinery with moving parts. Working around moving objects or vehicles. May be exposed to intake suction and hot exhaust blast. Working closely with others. Working alone.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
This is an Air Reserve Technician (ART) position. ARTs are eligible for 15 days active duty tour each year for which military leave is granted with full civilian pay. Air Reserve units and members; are subject to immediate call to active duty in mobilization to meet a national emergency. For additional information regarding ART positions and/or military qualifications, please call 1-800-257-1212. Retired military are usually ineligible for membership in the AF Reserve. Retired military that have active AF Reserve assignments may apply provided they show assignment (position) on the application. A military service member's statement of service/certification will be accepted IF a terminal leave form or DD214 cannot be provided. The statement/certification should indicate member's separation from active duty is within 120 days of the closing date of this announcement. It must be signed by, or by direction of, the adjutant, personnel officer, or commander of your unit or higher headquarters and must indicate when your terminal leave will begin, your rank, dates of active duty service, the type of discharge and character of service (i.e. honorable). Your preference and/or appointment eligibility will be verified prior to appointment. Military members may be appointed before the effective date of their military retirement/separation if member is on terminal leave.
ARE YOU USING YOUR EDUCATION TO QUALIFY? You MUST provide transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
You MUST have one or more listed eligibilities (click "Learn more about this agency" button above) to be considered. Eligibility claims must be supported with required documentation submitted with each application package to be considered. "Transfer" and "Reinstatement" or equivalent eligibles must provide their most current SF-50 and the SF-50 reflecting the highest grade held if not reflected on most current/separation SF-50. *Air Force is not responsible for erroneous eligibilities you list or fail to list.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP): For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible click here. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated well qualified or above for this position. You must submit a copy of the agency notice, your most recent performance rating, and your most recent SF-50 noting position, grade level, and duty location.
Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants): Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click here for more information.
90-Day Register: This announcement may result in a 90-day register that may be used to fill like vacancies for 90 days after the closing date. Applicants may be referred for consideration as vacancies occur.
Direct Deposit: All federal employees are required to have direct deposit.
Incentives: Recruitment and/or retention incentives may or may not be used.
If you have questions regarding this announcement and have hearing or speech difficulties click here.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Your responses to the questionnaire may be compared to the documents you submit. The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "insufficient information" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
Applicants who meet the requirements for and apply as a non-competitive eligible that meet minimal qualifications and other requirements of this position, will be given consideration as a non-competitive candidate and will be referred unless blocked by an individual with priority/preference.
Applicants who disqualify themselves will not be evaluated further.
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your Resume (your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications)
- If you submit more than one copy of your resume, only the most recent (latest) version will be reviewed. The latest timestamp will be used to determine which version of your resume is "most recent." It is your responsibility to check the status and timestamp of all documents you submit as part of your application.
- If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, you will not be considered for this vacancy.
- For qualification determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and dates of employment (i.e., hours per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as insufficient and you will not receive consideration for this position.
2. A complete Application Questionnaire
3. Additional Required Documents (see Required Documents section below). Ensure all submitted documents contain your full name, address, phone number, and last four digits of your social security number. Read more Security clearance Q - Sensitive