Research Technician II for Molecular Oncology, Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center - Georgetown Un
6 days left
- Full Time
Research Technician II for Molecular Oncology, Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center - Georgetown University Medical Center
Georgetown Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center is a state-of-the-art cancer center housing more than 240,000 square feet of clinic and research space. Lombardi's mission is to provide the most advanced treatments available, to train future cancer specialists, and to cure cancer in its many forms. Lombardi is one of only 45 comprehensive cancer centers in the nation, and the only one in the Washington metropolitan area.
The Research Technician II is involved in a number of projects and is integral to the everyday running of the lab by completing a host of tasks and responsibilities. S/he assists with the generation of data, which will affect the productivity and ability to acquire external funding in the lab. The Research Technician II has duties that include but are not limited to:
- Conducts laboratory research and generate data for grant application and publication.
- Maintains steady levels of laboratory inventory, stock, and supplies.
- Compiles and maintains lab databases for research reagents, technical procedures, and mouse protocols.
- Handles billing consolidation.
- Ensures lab safety and regulatory compliance.
- Administers equipment service and maintenance.
- Trains other lab members on necessary techniques.
- Assists other lab members in experiments when needed.
- Serves as liaison for the lab in communication with suppliers and regulatory departments within the university.
- Bachelor's in Biology or related program
- 1 year of work experience
- Trained in mouse handling and surgery
- Trained in basic and advanced laboratory techniques
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or email@example.com.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.