Residential Counselor Supervisor
Residential Counselor Supervisor
The City of Falls Church is recruiting for a Residential Counselor Supervisor for Aurora House Girls Group Home, a 12 bed, non-secure community based temporary care residential program for adolescent females ages 13-18 experiencing court involvement or mental health concerns.
You will supervise the residential care counseling staff and provide direct care to girls and their families by providing therapeutic services that address serious emotional, educational, and behavioral problems in a nurturing, structured, and supervised living environment. Aurora House services include individual, group, and family counseling, family therapy, educational enrichment, community service, and recreational activities.
Falls Church is an independent city six miles from the nation's capital. It is small in area (2.2 square miles) and population (~14,000). The City is known for its urban village community, quality customer service, nationally ranked school system, environmental activism, and endless community activities.
- Oversees day to day operations;
- Counsels, monitors, and manages plans and programs for a group of adolescent females in a twenty-four hour residential setting;
- Establishes, implements, and monitors resident treatment plans;
- Supervises, plans, and participates in all aspects of client and family counseling;
- Schedules, plans, assigns, and coordinates the work of the facility staff and counselors;
- Provides staff orientation and training concerning programs, policies and procedures;
- Discusses facility and care programs with clients, families, care providers and other professionals;
- Assesses emergency and medical situations; provides professional crises intervention, and determines appropriate action;
- Monitors expenditures and recommends adjustments;
- Maintains records and files and prepares reports, plans and statistical records;
- Shares on-call duties on rotating basis with Group Home Manager including responding to evening and weekend phone calls to provide direction and support to staff;
- Monitors staff schedule to ensure all shifts are covered;
- Provides backup coverage as needed during evening shifts;
- Responds to house issues, client issues, and facility issues identified in daily log;
- Manages the monthly appointment calendar for Court dates, school releases, therapy appointments, etc.;
- Attends court hearings and school meetings;
- Performing related tasks as required.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university supplemented by a Master’s degree in sociology, psychology, social work, or related field;
- Residential care experience;
- Possession of a driver's license valid in the Commonwealth of Virginia;
- Ability to obtain first aid, CPR, medication disbursement, bloodborne pathogens, and physical restraint training certification;
- Knowledge of human behavior, mental health, juvenile justice, social problems, and the basic principles of human psychology;
- Ability to supervise a professional counseling staff;
- Ability to prepare records and reports.
- Bilingual in Spanish
- License in Social Work or Counseling in Virginia
Hours: Full-time. Work schedule consists of a variety of shifts to include early morning, midday and evening hours. Must be open to covering other shifts as needed.
Salary Range & Benefits: $63,919-$83,095 depending on qualifications. Benefits package includes health insurance, dental insurance, pension plan, deferred compensation plan, flexible spending account, college savings plan, life and long-term disability insurance, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, credit union membership, free parking, and more. See www.fallschuchva.gov/HR for additional information.
To Apply: Submit a resume and cover letter to the City of Falls Church, Human Resources Department, Falls Church, VA 22046, or via e-mail. Resumes received by April 27, 2018 will receive priority consideration.
Reasonable Accommodation: During the selection process, applicants with disabilities may request reasonable accommodation with the agreement of the Human Resources Department. Requests should be directed to the Human Resources Department. The City of Falls Church does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, or disability.
Apply for Residential Counselor Supervisor
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly