Human Resources Representative
COME WORK FOR US!!!
The Navy Exchange (NEXCOM) is a multi-billion dollar global retail organization providing retail stores and services on Navy Bases around the world.
We are searching for a Human Resources Representative to join our team located at NSA Bethesda, MD.
This is a federal government job with a competitive salary, fantastic benefits and an opportunity to serve the military members who protect our country. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, 401K, retirement pension plan, annual leave, sick leave and paid holidays.
Performs a variety of administrative support duties that involve recruiting; processing personnel actions; conducting orientation training and exit interviews; and completing the submission of performance appraisals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Performs duties in connection with recruiting applicants for nonexempt/exempt positions. Reviews requisition submitted and prepares vacancy announcements. As necessary, places appropriate advertisements in local newspapers, contacts schools, etc. Screens applications received and reviews personnel jackets to determine eligible employees based on minimum qualification requirements.
- Prepares and processes all types of personnel actions (new hire, pay, promotion, transfer, classification, etc) using the automated personnel system/database.
- Conducts orientation session for new associates to familiarize them with basic personnel policies and associate benefits. Also conducts exit interviews for separated associates.
- Administers the annual work performance appraisal program. Forward forms to supervisors within the prescribed number of days prior to due date for submission. Reviews returned forms for completeness and prepares required reports.
- May provide clerical support in conducting annual area wage surveys. Contacts department managers and union officials to obtain names of individuals designated as data collectors. Types letter to various companies to be canvassed, requesting their participation; schedules appointments, etc.
- Compiles statistical data in connection with the preparation of reports. Researches records when gathering required data and coordinates with managers as necessary.
- Works closely with supervisor in connection with BBAs; sets up retention registers of individuals in affected areas. Based on rights determined by supervisors, prepares and types letters of notification.
- Implements the Status of Forces Agreement (SOFA) sponsorship program for pertinent applicants, as applicable. Ensures that provisions are met prior to referring SOFA sponsorship-required applicants to selecting officials. Completes processing following established procedures.
- Types a variety of material related to assigned functions such as completion of forms, letters, messages, reports, etc. Maintains and files correspondence in personnel jackets of employees.
- Processes worker's compensation claims in accordance with established procedures, as necessary.
- May coordinate and initiate travel arrangements for Navy Exchange personnel on official travel.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: 1 year general office clerical experience which has demonstrated the ability to perform clerical duties satisfactorily.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: 1 year specialized experience which required the applicant to acquire the ability to apply knowledge of the rules, regulations, procedures, and program requirements of one or more areas of personnel disciplines i.e. Staffing benefits, compensation, etc.
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR EXPERIENCE GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Study completed in a college, university, junior college, above the high school level may be substituted on a basic of one-half an academic year of study for six months of experience. A business or technical school, or other comparable institutions above the high school level, may be substituted provided such subjects as business English, office automation, business mathematics, bookkeeping or accounting were studied. No credit will be allowed for training which has been obtained only or primarily basic skills of typing or refresher courses.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: For the first year of specialized experience, study successfully completed in a college, university, junior college, above the high school level may be substituted at the rate of one-half an academic year of study for six months of specialized experience provided the study included a minimum of six semester hours, or the equivalent, per year in subjects closely related to the personnel field. Such subjects include statistics, psychology, sociology or other social sciences, English composition, journalism, or other courses where primarily emphasis is on writing skills, public administration, personnel administration, industrial relations or similar courses dealing directly with subjects in the personnel field, organization management and management analysis.
TO APPLY VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT WWW.NAVYEXCHANGE.JOBS
Create your profile and then apply to requisition # 1800016Y
EEO & ADA COMPLIANT