Consumer Safety Officer
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
In order to qualify for Consumer Safety Officer, 0696, at GS - 14, you must meet qualification requirements by 04/19/2018.
1. Basic Requirements:
This position has an education requirement. Please refer to the "Education" section below for information regarding transcripts which must be submitted with your application by the closing date of the announcement. Your education must have been obtained at a college, university, or an accrediting body recognized by the Secretary, U.S. Department of Education (https://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/) at the time the degree was obtained.
Applicants must meet one of the following requirements.
Education: A bachelor's or graduate/higher level degree in quality assurance or a related degree that included at least 30 semester hours in one or a combination of the following: consumer laws, biological sciences, food science, chemistry, pharmacy, physical sciences, food technology, nutrition, medical science, engineering, epidemiology, veterinary medical science, legal investigations, law enforcement, or related scientific fields that provided knowledge directly related to consumer safety officer work. The 30 semester hours may include up to 8 semester hours in statistics, or course work that included the principles, theory, or practical application of computers or computer programming.
Combination of education and experience: Courses consisting of at least 30 semester hours in the fields of study described in paragraph A above, plus appropriate experience or additional education.
In addition to meeting the Basic Requirement, all applicants must also meet:
2. Selective Placement Factor:
The Selective Placement Factor for this position requires the incumbent to have the American Society for Quality (ASQ) Certification. You are required to provide proof of certification in order to be considered for this position.
3. Specialized Experience:
Applicants must have (1) one year (52 weeks) of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized
experience is experience that has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to perform successfully the duties of
the position, and that is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled.
Examples of specialized experience include:
- Managing a program's or office's quality management system;
- Serving as a quality system expert for the analysis of programs, operations and processes;
- Resolving or coping with problems that are lacking in well-defined guidelines and precedents; and
- Expertise in functions of document control, knowledge management, risk analysis, strategic planning, project management, continuous process improvement, and corrective action.
4. Time-In-Grade Requirement:
In addition to the specialized experience requirement, employees must meet the following time-in-grade requirement by the closing date of this
announcement. GS-14: Applicants must have 52 weeks at the GS-13 grade level or higher in the Federal service.
You must submit a copy of your transcripts to document that you have met the education requirement. Unofficial transcripts will be accepted in the application package; however, official transcripts will be required prior to beginning employment. Most colleges and universities offer unofficial transcripts online. Please check your school website to obtain a copy quickly.
Foreign Education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/.
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Pre-employment physical required: No
- Drug testing required: No
- License required: No
- Mobility agreement required: No
- Immunization required: No
- Bargaining Unit Position: No
- If you are serving, or have served in the last 5 years (from 04/19/2018) as an Executive Branch political, Schedule C, or Non-career SES appointee, HHS/FDA may be required to obtain approval by the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) prior to beginning employment. You can find out if you have held one of these appointment types by looking at your Standard Form 50s in your Electronic Official Personnel Folder (eOPF), in Section 5 where the legal authorities are listed. If you have served or are currently serving, you must provide a copy of your SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, documenting this appointment. In addition, you will be required to respond to the question in the assessment and certify your responses to the questionnaire. Political Appointees FAQ - OPM
All requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement (04/19/2018); only experience gained by this date will be considered. Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the job opportunity announcement closes (at 11:59 pm ET on 04/19/2018), a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be conducted, the information will be compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine your eligibility for this internal position. Eligible internal candidates will be referred to the hiring official for consideration.
Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
Basis of Rating: Merit Promotion Procedures for the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) will be used to rate and rank candidates. The category assignment is a measure of the degree in which your background matches the competencies required for this position. Qualified candidates will be ranked into one of two categories: Best Qualified or Qualified.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics). You do not have to respond to the KSA's separately, but your resume should contain sufficient information to demonstrate possession of the Competencies/KSA's.
- Project Management
- Quality Assurance
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
To review the application questionnaire, click the link below.
https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10177780 Read more Security clearance Not Applicable