Supervisory Instructional Systems Specialist
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes PCS May Be Authorized
Degree: that included or was supplemented by at least 24 semester hours appropriate to the work of the position to be filled. The course work must have included study in at least four of the following five areas:
1. Learning theory, psychology of learning, educational psychology: Study of learning theories as they relate to the systematic design, development, and validation of instructional material.
2. Instructional design practices: Study of the principles and techniques used in designing training programs, developing design strategy and models, and applying design methods to the improvement of instructional effectiveness.
3. Educational evaluation: Study of the techniques for evaluating the effectiveness of instructional/educational programs, including developing written and performance tests and survey instruments, and determining reliability and validity of evaluation instruments.
4. Instructional product development: Study of the techniques appropriate for developing training materials, including identifying learner characteristics, specifying objectives, applying training strategy, validating training materials, and evaluating training.
5. Computers in education and training: Study of the application of computers in education and training, including selecting appropriate computer software.
*NOTE: FAILURE TO PROVIDE TRANSCRIPTS WILL RESULT IN YOU BEING RATED NOT ELIGIBLE FOR THIS POSITION. WE ACCEPT UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS, HOWEVER ALL TRANSCRIPTS MUST INCLUDE SCHOOL AND STUDENT IDENTIFICATION
To help ensure you receive credit for coursework you feel may qualify to meet the above requirement, you may highlight courses on your transcripts that you feel meet the above required coursework.
The experience described in your resume will be evaluated and screened from the Office of Personnel Management's (OPMs) basic qualifications requirements. See: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/1700/instructional-systems-series-1750/ for OPM qualification standards, competencies and specialized experience needed to perform the duties of the position as described in the MAJOR DUTIES and QUALIFICATIONS sections of this announcement by the closing date of the announcement.
You must have one year Specialized Experience equivalent to the GS-13 level in the Federal service (experience may have been gained in the private/military sector) giving the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the work of the position. Experience must be reflected in your resume.
In order to be rated as QUALIFIED for this position, your resume must demonstrate you have the following specialized experience:
- Assess the system-wide effectiveness of virtual learning by monitoring the implementation of online standards, curriculum, instruction, and assessment via work with site level administrators, curriculum liaisons, instructional systems specialists, instructional designers, and district superintendents
- Ensures the implementation of DOD or agency policies, programs and directives for the Virtual School and Instructional Design
- Identifies and advocates for new technology applications as they relate to delivering online learning/digital products
- Coordinates operation of the Learning Management System (LMS) with IT so that it serves as the online learning environment to support virtual learning and blended learning in face-to-face classrooms, collaboration and professional development
- Ability to supervise a virtual school principal and instructional designers
- Virtual Learning program management
- Supervisory experience
Substitution of education may not be used in lieu of specialized experience for this grade level.
Time-in-Grade Requirements: Federal employees must meet time-in-grade requirements for merit promotion consideration. Time-in-grade is the 52-week requirement Federal employees in competitive service, General Schedule (GS) positions at GS-5 and above must serve before they are eligible for promotion (advancement) to the next grade level. Applicants must meet the time-in-grade requirement within 30 days of the closing of this announcement and all other eligibility requirements including , time-after-competitive appointment, minimum qualifications, and any other regulatory requirements by the closing date of this announcement: 04/23/2018
Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA): To be eligible for a VEOA appointment under Merit Promotion procedures, the veteran must be a preference eligible or a veteran separated after 3 years or more of continuous active service performed under honorable conditions.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Programs: This program applies to employees who have been involuntarily separated from a Federal service position within the competitive service or Federal service employees whose positions have been deemed surplus or no longer needed. To receive selection priority for this position, you must: 1) meet ICTAP eligibility criteria; 2) be rated well-qualified for the position with a score of 85 or above; and 3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP eligibility. For more information: http://www.opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp
Noncompetitive Appointment Authorities: For more information on noncompetitive appointment authority eligibility requirements:
Persons with Disabilities - Schedule A
Special Hiring Authority for Veterans
Special Hiring Authority for Certain Military Spouses
Other Special Appointment Authorities
Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (see https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx
For more information, please visit General Application Information and Definitions.
Applicants must possess an IAT Level 3 certification for this position AND MUST obtain ALL required Level 3 certifications within six months of selection
Applicants selected from this announcement may be required to serve a two-year probationary period.
All applicants must meet qualifications and eligibility criteria by the closing date of the announcement.
This announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the application process is complete, your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine whether you meet the job qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified for this job, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the Occupational Questionnaire. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application materials, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this job If you are found to be among the top candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration. Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
- SUPERVISORY EXPERIENCE
- VIRTUAL LEARNING PROGRAM MANAGEMENT
If applying on the DE (All US Citizens):
Based on the results of this evaluation, you will be placed in one of the following quality categories:
Best Qualified: This highest category will be used for those candidates who possess the type and quality of experience that substantially exceeds the minimum qualifications of the position, including any selective placement factors and/or appropriate quality ranking factor(s), as determined by the job analysis.
Highly Qualified: This higher category will be used for those candidates who possess the type and quality of experience that exceed the minimum qualifications of the position, including any selective placement factors and/or appropriate quality ranking factor(s) as determined by the job analysis.
Qualified: This lowest category will be used for those candidates that meet the minimum qualifications of the position, including all selective placement factors and appropriate quality ranking factor(s) and are proficient in some, but not all, of the requirements of the position. Candidates may require extensive training and/or orientation in order to satisfactorily perform the duties of the position.
Names of the candidates in the Best Qualified category will be sent first to the hiring manager for employment consideration. Applicants in other categories will be referred in accordance with category rating procedures.
Veterans Preference: If you are entitled to veterans preference, you should indicate the type of veterans' preference you are claiming on your resume. Your veterans' preference entitlement will be verified by the employing agency. If you are entitled to veterans' preference and qualified for the position, your name will be placed above non-preference candidates on a list sent to the hiring manager for employment consideration. Qualified veterans' preference eligible with a service-connected disability of 10% or more will be listed at the top of the highest quality category depending on the position and grade level of the job. For information on entitlement see http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx.
Read more Security clearance Secret