SUPV RESEARCH FACULTY
All applicants must be U.S. citizens and are subject to a thorough background inquiry.
1. Research expertise in strategic intelligence topics such as WMD and/or terrorism, and/or country expertise in high interest countries, e.g. Russia, North Korea, or Iran.
2. Management experience in a intelligence, research or academic setting with experience mentoring and evaluating advanced IC research projects.
3. Develops and enhances collaborative partnerships with Agency leadership to drive efforts to identify or create strategies to address needs, challenges, or to advance corporate goals.
4. Leads interagency coalitions and maintains liaison with other Federal Agencies, military services, intelligence community organizations, academic institutions, etc., in order to share expertise in learning programs.
5. Oversees administrative and academic systems and processes governing student and faculty research.
HIGHLY DESIRED SKILLS
1. Ph.D. or other national security related terminal degree.
2. Demonstrates polished oral and written communication skills to compose, tailor, and deliver original presentations and papers.
Individual Occupational Requirements
All Applicants must meet the following minimum qualification requirements in order to be considered for this position:
The National Intelligence University, in accordance with its DoD Instructions 3305.01, maintains accreditation with the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. As a regionally accredited educational institution, all faculty must possess a Master's Degree and/or PhD in a field related to this position. Please disregard below qualification standard which is system generated, and not applicable to NDIC faculty positions.
A. Successful completion of a full four-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree that included or was supplemented by major study in education or in a subject-matter field appropriate to the position.
B. Combination of education and experience----courses equivalent to a major in education, or in a subject-matter field appropriate to the position, plus appropriate experience or additional course work that provided knowledge comparable to that normally acquired through the successful completion of the four-year course study described in A above.
ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
In addition to meeting the basic entry qualification requirements, applicants must have experience that demonstrates possession of the broad range and depth of knowledge, skills, and abilities required for the occupation or specialty at or equivalent to the next lower grade.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
In order to qualify for this position, your application must include sufficient experience and/or education, knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the duties of the specific position to which you are applying. To view this position's requirements, click Vacancies to be directed to DIA's online application system. Please make note of the position title and 6-digit Job Opening ID number to which you are interested. You can scroll to the bottom of the page to locate the announcement or click on the “Advanced Search” link and enter in the 6-digit Job Opening ID number in the “Job Opening ID” field.Read more Security clearance Top Secret/SCI