Occasional travel - Occasional overnight travel for periods of up to a week at a time may be required.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
- You must be a United States Citizen, subject to the exceptions enumerated at http://www.uscourts.gov/careers.
- Selectee must favorably complete a background investigation.
- Relatives of Center staff members may not be employed at the Center in any capacity.
- All requirements must be met for full consideration.
- A graduate degree in one of the social sciences, one of the behavioral sciences, instructional design, management, leadership, education, adult education, law, social work, or a related field OR a bachelor's degree and at least 5 years' experience developing adult learning curriculum and writing educational programs.
- Substantial experience applying adult learning theory to curriculum design and development.
- Excellent facilitation skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Excellent public speaking skills.
- Excellent writing ability.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively with others inside and outside the organization.
- Experience working in or working with the federal or a state judiciary.
- Experience developing legal, judicial, management, or leadership training programs.
- Experience as an executive.
- Experience designing and implementing executive level education.
- Experience conducting organizational development projects.
- Familiarity with planning, designing, developing, and implementing distance education programs (e.g., webinars, podcasts).
- Familiarity with competency-based learning.
A graduate degree in one of the social sciences, one of the behavioral sciences, instructional design, management, leadership, education, adult education, law, social work, or a related field OR a bachelor's degree and at least 5 years' experience developing adult learning curriculum and writing educational programs.
Federal government benefits are applicable. An array of supplemental benefits are also offered including a transportation subsidy and a flexible benefit program allowing for pre-tax deductions for health insurance, health care, dependent care, and commuter expenses. The FJC is located in the Thurgood Marshall Building, conveniently situated to public transportation directly beside Union Station. The Marshall Building houses a child development center and a health fitness facility for its tenants.
This position does not carry the tenure rights of positions in the competitive civil service.
The starting salary is set at $121,262. This position falls in the Center's pay band VI which has a salary range up to $191,360; not all incumbents in pay band VI positions can expect to reach the top of the range. For the successful candidate who is not currently a member of the Center staff, a higher starting salary, but not to exceed $127,325, may be considered based upon the successful candidate's current salary. For the successful internal candidate earning less than the starting range minimum, his/her salary will be brought up to the range minimum of $121,262. If the successful internal candidate's salary falls above the range minimum that salary will be matched up to his/her current salary.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
You will be evaluated based upon the question responses you provide during a structured interview.Read more Security clearance Not Applicable