Program Logistics Coordinator
Occasional travel - Occasional overnight travel for periods of up to a week at a time may be required.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
- You must be a United States Citizen, subject to the exceptions enumerated at http://www.uscourts.gov/careers.
- Selectee must favorably complete a background investigation.
- Relatives of Center staff members may not be employed at the Center in any capacity.
- All requirements must be met for full consideration.
- At least four years of related work experience or a bachelor's degree;
- Ability to interact effectively and work collaboratively with staff, hotel representatives, judges, and court executives;
- Excellent project-management, verbal, writing, presentation, and computer skills, including the use of standard Microsoft Office Suite programs;
- Ability to work concurrently on multiple projects and prioritize tasks;
- High level of motivation;
- Keen attention to detail;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member; and
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills.
- Certified Meeting Planner (CMP) or Certified Government Meeting Planner (CGMP) designation;
- Negotiation skills;
- A working knowledge of federal travel and procurement regulations;
- Familiarity with data development and analysis;
- Familiarity with hotel contracting procedures;
- Ability to interpret hotel floor plans and capacity charts; and
- Familiarity with federal government per diem rates for each state.
A bachelor's degree is required, but it can be substituted with 4 years of related work experience.
Federal government benefits are applicable. An array of supplemental benefits are also offered including a transportation subsidy and a flexible benefit program allowing for pre-tax deductions for health insurance, health care, dependent care, and commuter expenses. The FJC is located in the Thurgood Marshall Building, conveniently situated to public transportation directly beside Union Station. The Marshall Building houses a child development center and a health fitness facility for its tenants.
This position does not carry the tenure rights of positions in the competitive civil service.
The starting salary is set as $51,065. This position falls in the Center's pay band III which has a salary range up to $95,737; not all incumbents in pay band III positions can expect to reach the top of the range. For the successful candidate who is not currently a member of the Center staff, a higher starting salary, but not to exceed $53,618, may be considered based upon the successful candidate's current salary. For the successful internal candidate earning less than the starting range minimum, his/her salary will be brought up to the range minimum of $51,065. If the successful internal candidate's salary falls above the range minimum that salary will be matched up to his/her current salary.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
You will be evaluated based upon the question responses you provide during a structured interview.Read more Security clearance Not Applicable