MILITARY PAY SUPERVISOR
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Specialized experience is defined as: reviewing work for technical adequacy and compliance with established policies and procedures; processing a wide variety of complex military payroll transactions; determining entitlements; examining and verifying all documents for propriety, completeness and accuracy; and running reports to monitor workload and providing technical support on standard procedures to coworkers.
GS-08: One year of specialized experience equivalent in level of difficulty and responsibility to that of the next lower grade (GS-07) within the federal service, which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position, is required.
Specialized experience is defined as: experience applying expert-level knowledge of a large body of military pay rules, procedures and operations sufficient to process pay actions requiring audits, corrections, and adjustments of several interrelated aspects of military pay, sufficient to provide leadership, training and support to others responsible for this work, experience must include applying expert-level knowledge of related payroll systems sufficient to take necessary intervention and bypass of normal automated systems and procedures, and resolve issues within the automated systems.
GS-07: Time-in-Grade: Current or former federal employees who have held a GS position in the preceding 52 weeks, must meet the time in grade requirement. Applicant must have served 52 weeks as a GS-06 or higher grade in Federal Service.
GS-08: Time-in-Grade: Current or former federal employees who have held a GS position in the preceding 52 weeks, must meet the time in grade requirement. Applicant must have served 52 weeks as a GS-07 or higher grade in Federal Service.
Time after Competitive Appointment: Candidates must have served 3 months after latest competitive appointment in the Federal service.
GS-07: (1-grade interval) Substitution of Education for Experience: One full year of graduate level education may be substituted to meet the specialized experience required when it is directly related to the work of the position being filled. Equivalent combinations of successfully completed graduate level education and experience may be used to meet total experience requirements. If you are using education to substitute for the specialized experience, you must submit transcripts at the time you apply. To be creditable, education must have been obtained in an accredited college or university recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (http://www2.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html).
GS-08: Substitution of Education for Experience: Eighteen months of graduate level education may be substituted to meet the specialized experience required when it is directly related to the work of the position being filled. Equivalent combinations of successfully completed graduate level education and experience may be used to meet total experience requirements. If you are using education to substitute for the specialized experience, you must submit transcripts at the time you apply. To be creditable, education must have been obtained in an accredited college or university recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (http://www2.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html).
- If you are unable to apply online, view the following link for information regarding Alternate Application.
- Moving expenses will notbe paid.
- We may use this announcement to make a temporary promotion. For some positions, the temporary promotion may be made permanent without further competition.
- Selections are subject to restrictions resulting from the DoD Program for Stability of Civilian Employment.
- A one year supervisory or managerial probationary period may be required.
- We may use this announcement to fill additional vacancies within 120 days of the closing date.
- This position is Exempt from the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Travel requirement is Seldom (1-24%).
- This position is not covered by a bargaining unit.
- Retired Civil Service Employee: Employment of retired Federal employees receiving an annuity is subject to the requirements of the Department of Defense (DoD) policy guidance. (See DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 300, at http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives)
- This position requires you to obtain and maintain a Level 1 Certification under the DoD Financial Management (FM) Certification Program as a condition of employment. If you are selected, you will have to obtain this certification within two (2) years of your entry on duty in the position unless you are already in a position that requires a Level 1 Certification in which case you must complete the certification within the original 2-year period. Failure to become certified within the required time-frame may be grounds for removal from the position and/or from Federal service. Information about the DoD FM Certification Program is available at http://www.dfas.mil/dam/dfas/careers/pdf/DoDFMCertificationProgram.pdf .
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
IMPORTANT NOTE - YOU MUST FOLLOW ALL APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY. ERRORS OR OMISSIONS MAY AFFECT YOUR RATING.
All information included in the resume and Occupational Questionnaire is subject to review and verification. HR will review your resume and supporting documentation to ensure you meet the minimum qualification requirements. Applicants meeting the minimum requirements will be further evaluated based upon information you provided in the Occupational Questionnaire. If a determination is made that the work experience described in your submitted resume does not support your responses to the self-assessment questionnaire, your score may be reduced, and you may lose consideration for this position. If you are already a DFAS employee, you may be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including removal from Federal service, if you are found to have exaggerated, embellished, inflated, mischaracterized, or falsified your resume or qualifications.
The Assessment Questionnaire takes approximately 15 minutes to complete and collects information on your education, training and experience related to the following critical competencies:
- Concepts, Policies, and Principles of Payroll
- Financial Management Systems
- Fundamentals and Operations of Military and Civilian Pay
You can preview the Assessment Questionnaire here: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10179850 Read more Security clearance Not Applicable