Audit Manager OR Program Analysis Manager (Audit Evaluator Manager) Human Capital Transportation
50% or less - May require up to 50% travel
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes You may qualify for reimbursement of relocation expenses in accordance with agency policy.
You must meet ALL of the minimum qualifications listed below.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- At least 6 years of experience conducting program and performance audits
- At least one year previous supervisory experience, including managing lower level staff and conducting performance evaluations
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Advanced Degree
- Professional Certification(s), i.e.: CPA, CIA, CGFM, CISA, CFE, etc.
- Experience in leading complex multi-site (nationwide) audits and evaluation
- Education and/or experience in human resources
You must have the experience, knowledge and skills as listed in EACH of the evaluation factors. Failure to demonstrate that you meet all of the evaluation factor requirements as listed below will result in a score of zero (0); an ineligible status, and you will not be referred for further consideration.
Include your major accomplishments relevant to the position requirements in your resume.
- Knowledge of accounting and auditing theory, concepts, and standards and knowledge of advanced audit techniques for designing, planning, directing, and executing broad-scoped reviews or performance audits of major, complex programs or activities
- Ability to provide the full range of technical and administrative supervision to professional audit staff
- Ability to maintain effective liaison relationships with auditees, audit organizations, and other interested parties on significant audit matters and to resolve issues or problems
- Ability to develop and review written audit reports and correspondence that are clear, concise, and persuasive
- Ability to effectively communicate and present project results to senior officials
Failure to demonstrate that you meet all evaluation factor requirements will result in a score of zero (0). Upon receipt of a zero score, you will be deemed "not minimally qualified," and you will not be referred for further consideration.
Education must be accredited by an institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Applicants can verify accreditation here: www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred. Special Instructions for Candidates with Foreign Education: Education completed outside the United States must be deemed equivalent to that gained in U.S. education programs. You must submit all necessary documents to a private U.S. credential evaluation service to interpret equivalency of your education against courses given in U.S. accredited colleges and universities. For further information visit: http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html.
Please contact an internal Human Resources Representative if you have any questions about your USPS OIG Employee Benefits.
This agency provides Reasonable Accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you require accommodations for any part of the application and/or hiring process, please call 703-248-2210. The decision on granting an accommodation request will be made on a case by case basis.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
The Human Resources Office will review your resume and supporting documentation to ensure that you meet the minimum qualifications required for this position. You will no longer be considered for this position if you: fail to respond to all of the questions in the self-assessment questionnaire; receive a zero (0) rating on any evaluation factor; fail to attach all required documentation; if your application materials indicate that you are not minimally-qualified for this position; or if you fail to qualify on the interview. Only the top-rated candidates will be referred to a review official or the selecting official for further consideration. If your application is referred to the review official, the reviewer will compare your self-assessment questionnaire responses to your resume and supporting documentation. It is essential that your resume and supporting documentation provide sufficient information to substantiate your responses to the self-assessment questionnaire. If your questionnaire responses are not adequately substantiated, the review official will amend your rating to more accurately reflect the level of competency indicated. Top-rated applicants may be required to participate in an interview. Your rating may be further adjusted or rated as ineligible by the review official or the selecting official based on your interview performance. Once all applicant scores are finalized, the selecting official will make a final decision. NOTE: If you receive a zero (0) rating on any evaluation factor or on the interview, you will be considered NOT MINIMALLY QUALIFIED for the position and rated ineligible.Read more Security clearance Other