Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
For entry at the GS-09 level, status applicants must have 52 weeks as a GS-07 or higher in the Federal Service.
Basic Requirement: To qualify for this position, you must meet one of the basic requirements described below.
1. Completion of 1 full academic year of graduate study in library science in an accredited college or university, in addition to completion of all work required for a bachelor's degree;
2. A total of at least 5 years of a combination of college-level education, training, and experience. To qualify on this basis, the applicant must establish conclusively that the education, training, and experience provided a knowledge and understanding of the theories, principles, and techniques of professional librarianship; a knowledge of literature resources; and the knowledge and abilities essential for providing effective library and information services.
Specialized Experience: You must have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent in level of difficulty and responsibility to the GS-07 grade level in the Federal service, or comparable in difficulty and responsibility to GS-07 if outside the Federal service, is required.
Specialized experience is defined as experience with information storage, retrieval, and bibliographic analysis techniques. Experience with library technical services, reference and retrieval practices, federal contracting practices, and online information dissemination systems.
Volunteer Experience: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Qualification and time-in-grade requirements must be met within 30 days after the closing date of this announcement.
Substitution of education for the specialized experience requirement: Two (2) full years of progressively higher level graduate education or master's in library science or equivalent graduate degree, e.g., LL.B. or J.D., related to the position, may be substituted to meet the experience requirement.
Qualifying Education Institution: Any of the following educational institutions or curricula that have been accredited by an accrediting body recognized by the Secretary of the U.S. Department of Education(http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html):
These benefits generally apply if you are selected for a permanent or term appointment:
The Federal Employees Health Benefits (FEHB) Program has many plans to choose from, all at very reasonable rates, which can be paid from pre-tax income.
The Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS) is one of the premier retirement programs in the Nation. The program features three components: a retirement pension; the Thrift Savings Plan (TSP, an employee controlled investment program); and social security.
Federal Employee Group Life Insurance (FEGLI) offers numerous life insurance policy options covering federal employees and dependents.
For more benefits information please visit: http://www.opm.gov/employment_and_benefits/employeesupport2.asp
- You must be a U.S. Citizen to qualify for this position.
- A two year probationary period may be required.
- Recruitment, relocation, or retention incentives MAY NOT be authorized.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service.
- The Department of Defense (DoD) policy on employment of annuitants issued March 18, 2004 will be used in determining eligibility of annuitants. It is applicable to former Federal civilian employees receiving a retirement annuity from the Civil Service Retirement and Disability Fund that are hired within the DoD on or after November 24, 2003. The policy also applies to annuitants (appointed in DoD on/or after November 24, 2003) who move from one position to another within DoD through voluntary reassignment, promotion, change to lower grade or transfer between military departments. The view this policy, please copy and paste the following web address into your web browser: http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/1400.25-V300.pdf.
- This position is subject to the limitations imposed by the DOD Priority Placement Program
- You may submit a cover letter which will be forwarded to the selecting official with your resume. Your cover letter will not be used to verify your qualifications or eligibility.
- Background or Security Investigation: The individual selected will be subject to an investigation in conjunction with granting of a security clearance prior to appointment. Selectee must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance.
If you are unable to apply online, view the following link for information regarding Alternate Application.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the application process is complete, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. The numeric rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire. The score is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for this position. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.
The Assessment Questionnaire takes approximately 15 minutes to complete and collects information on your education, training and experience related to the following critical competencies:
- Problem Solving
- Technical Competence
You can preview the Assessment Questionnaire here: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10171512 Read more Security clearance Secret