Engineering Equipment Operator Supervisor
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
- U.S. Citizenship required.
- Appointment subject to background investigation and favorable adjudication.
- Meet Selective Service Registration Act requirement for males
- Selectee will be required to participate in the Direct Deposit Electronics Funds Transfer Program.
- You will be required to submit to a drug test and receive a negative drug test result prior to appointment. In addition, this position is subject to random testing for illegal drug use.
- You may be required to operate a government motor vehicle as part of your official duties. Prior to your first official motor vehicle operation, and again every year thereafter (or more frequently if management determines such need exists), you will be required to sign an affidavit certifying to your possession of a valid State issued driver's license that is current and has not been revoked, suspended, canceled, or otherwise disqualified in any way to prohibit your operation of a motor vehicle. You will also submit a photocopy of your valid State issued driver's license prior to your first official motor vehicle operation, and again every year, or more frequently if management determines such need exists. Lastly, you may be required to submit (within a State sealed envelope or submitted directly by the State authorities), and at your own expense, all certified driving records from all States that discloses all valid driver's licenses, whether current or past, possessed by you. Please indicate in your application whether you possess a valid State driver's license.
- You must possess and maintain a current Class B (or higher) Commercial Driver's License.
- You will be required to wear a uniform and comply with the National Park Service uniform standards. A uniform allowance will be provided.
- You may be required to work on-call, evenings, weekends, holidays, overtime and shift work.
- Ability to Lead or Supervise (SCREEN OUT)
- Operation of Motor Vehicles
- Work Practices
- Ability to Interpret Instructions, Specifications, etc.
- Ability to Drive Safely (Motor vehicle)
- Ability to Operate Safely (Non-motor vehicle)
- Reliability and Dependability as an Engineering Equipment Operator Supervisor
Volunteer Experience: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
There is no substitution of education for experience for Wage Grade (WG) positions.
This announcement may be used to fill additional positions if identical vacancies occur within 90 days of the issue date of the referral certificate.
Physical Demands: Specialized skills are required to work safely and avoid damage to park resources, especially when working around historic structures, memorials, monuments and grounds, working at night and working in high traffic roadways. Must be able to lift at least 60 pounds.
Working Conditions: The incumbent spends approximately 50% of the work day on supervisory matters, both in the field and in the office. From time to time will perform the same duties as the crew members. Will work along high speed roadways, responding to storm damage, emergencies such as floods, hurricanes, snowstorms, ice events, windstorms and thunderstorms.
The National Park Service has determined that the duties of this position are suitable for telework only during an emergency or natural disaster.
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document that you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application. Click the following link for more information, https://help.usastaffing.gov/Apply/index.php?title=Alternate_Application_Information.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
A review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the Occupational Questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. If a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully; errors or omissions may affect your rating.
Candidates who apply under Competitive Merit Promotion procedures will undergo a quality review to determine if they are highly qualified based on the content of their resume and their responses to the questionnaire. Best qualified candidates will be referred if all required supporting documentation has been provided.
Candidates who apply under Noncompetitive Merit Promotion procedures will undergo a quality review to determine if they are minimally qualified based on the content of their resume and their responses to the questionnaire. Qualified candidates will be referred if all required supporting documentation has been provided.
You will be evaluated on the following competencies and/or job elements:
- Ability to Drive Safely (Motor Vehicles)
- Ability To Interpret Instructions, Specifications, etc. (related to mobile equipment operation)
- Ability To Operate Safely (Non-Motor Vehicle)
- Operation of Motor Vehicles
- Reliability and Dependability as a Engineering Equipment Operator Supervisor
- Work Practices (including keeping things neat, clean, and in order)