Patient Access Registrar II
- A premier healthcare system
- A compassionate mission of healing
- Dynamic Maryland/Washington D.C. market
We are a non-profit network of healthcare providers based in Rockville, Maryland. At Adventist HealthCare, you will find a clear passion for caring for the whole person and a progressive faith-based mission. Pursue Excellence. Practice with Compassion.
Every Other Saturday and Sunday night, 17:30 to 02:00.
The Registrar II originates patient medical records: Obtaining demographic, financial and clinical information from patients and caregivers. The Registrar also completes insurance verifications and conducts patient account assessments. (S)he utilizes problem solving skills by helping patients concerning insurance coverage and benefits, patient financial obligations, and the impact of unpaid services.
* Collaborate with other departments, physicians and administration for optimizing bed usage.
Assess admissions for appropriateness.
* Act as a liaison between Patient Access and Clinical staff.
* Conducts patient account assessment and verifies the accuracy of all information
* Communicates information about insurance coverage and benefits, patient financial obligations, and the impact of unpaid services to patients and/or patient designees.
* Perform accurate demographic and insurance updates on all patients.
* Verify, collect and accurately enter insurance information into electronic health record system.
* Obtain any needed signatures from the patient at the time of registration or arrival.
* Perform accurate demographic and insurance updates on all patients as needed and required.
* Coordinates bed placement according to hospital guidelines.
* Demonstrates exceptional customer service skills and assists in problem solving.
* High School Graduate or equivalent. Some college preferred.
* Minimum 3 years of experience in patient registration and/or eligibility and benefits. Which can include insurer or public health setting.
* Basic knowledge and training in government payer rules and regulations
* Basic knowledge and training regarding TPLs, WC, and other payment sources and liabilities
Tobacco use is a well-recognized preventable cause of death in the United States and an important public health issue. In order to promote and maintain a healthy work environment, We will not hire applicants for employment who either state that they are nicotine users or who test positive for nicotine use.
We will withdraw offers of employment to applicants who test positive for Cotinine (nicotine). Those testing positive for cotinine are given the opportunity to re-apply in 90 days, if they can truthfully attest that they have not used any nicotine products in the past ninety (90) days and successfully pass follow-up testing.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.