Financial Analyst I
Adventist HealthCare is a non-profit network of healthcare providers based in Maryland. At Adventist HealthCare, you will find a clear passion for caring for the whole person and a progressive faith-based mission. Pursue Excellence. Practice with Compassion
* Primarily supports the financial operations of Adventist Healthcare, Inc.*s Rehabilitation and Outpatient Services entities; will also provide support to other entities in the system (i.e. acute care hospitals, physician practices, etc.) on an as needed basis.
* Actively participates in the annual budget process through:
o managing, updating and maintaining the budget software for entities of responsibility
o developing, coordinating and providing education to department leaders
o facilitating the completion of the budgets for the departments
o performing account analysis, trend review and volume projections
o routinely updating and interacting with senior entity leadership
* Actively participates in the development and compilation of weekly, biweekly, and monthly reports.
* Responsible for ad hoc reporting, including integrated revenue/expense analyses and pro-forma analyses, as needed.
* Responsible for the compilation and issuance of a standard set of deliverables in conjunction with the monthly accounting close process.
* Supports the preparation and compilation of presentations for upper level management.
* Identifies trends and developments in competitive environments and presents findings.
* Identifies new and enhances current sources of information to improve the decision making process.
* A Bachelor's degree in business, finance or health related field
* 1-3 years of work experience in the finance and/or health related field; working knowledge of health care industry and/or hospital operations preferred.
* Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the finance and healthcare industries
* Proficient in Microsoft Office; budgeted software preferred.
* Ability to work independently and handle a multi-task environment.
* Able to actively participate on a team, supporting other team members and offering assistance to others as needed.
* Strong customer service skills on the telephone, email, and face-to-face contact.
* Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
* Must be creative, enthusiastic and a strategic thinker.
* Must have the ability to guard confidential information.
* Must have the ability to plan and coordinate projects from start to finish, set and meet objectives, budgets and deadlines, be attentive to detail and have strong communication skills
* Must have tact and good judgment.
* Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
* Must have the ability to work directly with upper level management (i.e. *C* level executives) through face-to-face contact, email and telephone.
This is a full time position working Monday-Friday.
Tobacco use is a well-recognized preventable cause of death in the United States and an important public health issue. In order to promote and maintain a healthy work environment, We will not hire applicants for employment who either state that they are nicotine users or who test positive for nicotine use.
We will withdraw offers of employment to applicants who test positive for Cotinine (nicotine). Those testing positive for cotinine are given the opportunity to re-apply in 90 days, if they can truthfully attest that they have not used any nicotine products in the past ninety (90) days and successfully pass follow-up testing.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Cut and paste this link into your web browser