Senior Director of CI Sojourns
6 days left
- Full Time
SENIOR DIRECTOR OF CI SOJOURNS
Conservation International (CI) has been protecting nature for the benefit of all for over 30 years. Through science, policy, and partnerships, CI is helping build a healthier, more prosperous and more productive planet.
The Sr. Director of CI Sojourns is responsible for leading CI’s successful high-end travel program. The program creates life-changing experiences for CI’s top prospects and donors through highly personalized travel to extraordinary locations around the world. This position, and highly regarded program, are integral to CI’s donor development planning and fundraising success and will report directly to the V.P. of Donor Experience.
The Sr. Director of CI Sojourns will lead the strategy of the program’s overall direction and develop highly customized sojourns to CI projects and program related sites for CI’s top donors and prospects. With a deep passion for conservation, he/she will lead in discerning the highest impact destination sites, developing unique and tailored itineraries, selecting and managing vendors, marketing the program, managing all financial aspects and ensuring the engagement and safety of all participants.
Importantly, the Sr. Director serves as a frontline CI Ambassador working directly with donors and prospects to ensure a “trip of a lifetime” furthering their interest and support for Conservation International. Internally, he/she works closely with the organization’s CEO, Development leadership and other top-level leaders throughout the organization to determine the best destinations and engagement concepts to fulfill donor fundraising objectives.
He/she will manage a team of qualified travel staff and consultants to ensure all sojourns are executed to the highest standards.
- Lead the development of the comprehensive strategy and annual planning for the CI Sojourns Program.
- Design and deliver highest-level donor trips that are unique, informative, and well-orchestrated to engage new constituents, steward high-level existing donors and partners, and result in successful return on investment.
- Management and oversight of two or more Sojourns staff and numerous travel consultants and vendors.
- Build relationships within CI, seeking synergies with programs that will host sojourns and with programs that will leverage the sojourn as cultivation for prospects.
- Serve in the capacity of ambassador and Sr. level development team leader through Sojourns and personal visits with CI’s top donors and prospects. Effectively communicates CI’s strategy and mission in order to influence constituent’s giving and nurture long-term relationships with the organization.
- Work closely with Board members, Leadership Council members, major donors and CI’s senior leadership to cultivate new donor prospects.
- Personally, leads Sojourn Trips for CI’s highest priority Board members, donors and prospects.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Extensive international and domestic travel required (up to 6 months/year). The position requires flexibility and the ability to cope with last-minute assignments and changing priorities. Additionally, the position requires a willingeness and ability to be physically rigorous with an adeptness at diving; intense hiking, etc.
- Seven (7) or more years related experience in donor stewardship/investor relations, and high-end travel management. Broad and comprehensive experience, knowledge and passion for conservation, international nature and luxury travel, and high-level constituent relations.
- Ability to communicate complex concepts to a broad range of audiences through both written and verbal means.
- Advanced writing and editing skills and excellent management and persuasion skills are absolutely necessary for the success of this position as are an ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously and work with interdisciplinary teams.
- Ability to work with teams involving expertise outside own functional and programmatic area and to develop ideas or solutions to complex problems that go beyond established practices.
- Experience managing staff and establishing job objectives for self, staff and cross-functional proposal teams.
- Ability to travel to remote destinations with highly variable levels of accommodations and comforts for one or more week (s) at a time.
- Advanced Scuba training, diver certification, effective wilderness survival skills and deep knowledge and passion for wildlife and birding.