Principal Product Manager, Media Managed Services
Join a company that's 50 years strong! You will be a member of the next generation of bold thinkers and brilliant tinkerers who push us to higher ideals and will help realize our Epic vision for Intelsat's next 50 years. Our collaborative office space, newly constructed in 2014, is an environment conducive to our mutual success.
Lead the continued development of the IntelsatOne Media Managed Services Product Line, which consists of products and service solutions that use the IntelsatOne terrestrial IP-MPLS fiber network and teleports to transport video, audio and associated data content between media customers, Intelsat teleports, key media hubs and partner networks as part of integrated managed solutions. Additionally, it includes the Multiple Channel Per Carrier (MCPC) product line. This role provides a value-added end-to-end content transport solutions to its Media segment customers, and is a crucial linchpin between customers/sales and numerous internal groups within the organization. It ensures that the product line is meeting the requirements and needs of existing and targeted customers and delivering against targeted corporate-level performance benchmarks. The position is also responsible for executing strategies and programs to optimize Intelsat's future financial and commercial success in this product line.
You must have the following knowledge, skills and abilities to be considered for the role:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering or similar discipline with at least five years of hands on Product Management experience in a business to business environment. (An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered in lieu of the stated minimum education and experience requirement).
- Ability and willingness to travel both domestically and internationally up to 20%.
- Technical proficiency to successfully collaborate with Engineering on the development milestones and service documentation.
- Solid understanding of business and financial concepts.
- Proven experience in Project Management in a matrix management environment.
- Ability to analyze research and provide conclusions impacting product and business plans.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, with the ability to maintain and influence internal and customer working relationships at all levels.
- Experience in building and maintaining internal and external technical and, business relationships.
- Effective writing and verbal communication skills required, along with the ability to make effective presentations and communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
The following knowledge, skills and abilities are highly preferred:
- Managed telecommunications services, cloud services or media experience.
- MBA degree.
- Additional years of relevant experience.
- Define and Deliver Managed Service Offerings: Lead development and execution of competitive strategies for media Managed Services product offerings to generate growth and new revenue streams from Intelsat's existing customers, and articulate these strategies via product and go-to-market plans to appropriate internal and external forums. Development of customer managed services outsourcing business model that includes Intelsat and other partnerships for downlink owned assets and support.
- Sales Support: Provide commercial and operational support to Sales and Customer Solutions on non-standard Managed Services customer opportunities including liaison with Business Management and Network Engineering to evaluate and propose commercial strategy including messaging, pricing, and value proposition. Provide continuing education for Customer Solutions and Sales including updates to the IntelsatOne network.
- Product and Portfolio Management: Manage pricing, terms and conditions, and deployment of terrestrial connectivity services based on demand and competive market intelligence. MCPC platforms portfolio management including launching new platforms, optimizing existing platforms, and managing platform reseller partnerships.
- Product Marketing Support: Collaborate with Product Marketing to convey Managed Services value proposition message through a wide range of communication channels to effectively increase Intelsat's image and mindshare with existing and prospective customers. Champion Managed Services to regional marketing team by providing product-related knowledge to enable development of speaking engagement, event strategy and messaging.
- Financial Planning and Reporting: Work with other Media Product Managers to create and manage the annual business plan and Media strategic plan including Opex and Capex budget.
- This role is subject to ITAR; candidates must be a US Person (this includes US Citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Individual such as an asylee or refugee).
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.