Desktop Management - Lead
The Desktop Management - Lead, is responsible for leading desktop related projects and implementations along with providing consultative support across the enterprise environment. This highly technical individual is responsible for the architecture, design, integration, operation, implementation and optimization of our client computing environment.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Establish and Maintain Enterprise Desktop/Laptop Standards and Roadmaps for both Windows and Mac Operating Systems
- Act as a technical resource and/or project manager for desktop and mobile device systems and initiatives.
- Maintain procedures for automating system builds and updates (e.g. patching and software deployment), leveraging LANDESK/Ivanti, Active Directory Group Policy Objects, and/or other management platforms such as JAMF or Microsoft Intune.
- In conjunction with infrastructure, security and business teams, ensure all desktop systems are in an optimal configuration from an operational, performance and security perspective.
- Liaison and Collaborate with our IT Business Partners and application architects on system designs (as they relate to the desktop), to ensure that our desktop environment can meet the needs of the business.
- Responsible for packaging software for automated delivery and installation
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Desktop Engineering
- Bachelor's degree in an IT related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with OS upgrades on a corporate scale
- Expert Level Experience deploying and maintaining LANDESK/Ivanti
- Expert Level Experience with scripting (PowerShell, VBS, Bash, Etc.)
- Expert Level Experience supporting Desktops and Mobile Devices
- Deploying and supporting Windows 7/10 environment
- Experience with Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT)
- Experience with operational scripting.
- Highly developed planning, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Strong demonstrated experience in end-user device technologies, security tools, desktop deployment and annual refresh strategies and utilities related to desktop environment
- Knowledge of networking hardware, software, and imaging processes demonstrated by the ability to troubleshoot issues in a LAN environment and customize advanced settings inside a Windows operating system.
- History of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain collaborative working relationships.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate and present technical information to a non-technical audience