Research & Data Analyst
Position: Research & Data Analyst
Reports to: Vice President of Operations
Status: Full Time, Non-Exempt, Overtime Eligible
Overview: This position is responsible for sourcing, gathering, reviewing, and interpreting industry data including, but not limited to, number of hours and types of missions flown, accident rates, industry outlook, economic impact, and community reinvestment.
Essential Functions of the Position Include, but Are Not Limited To:
- Gathering and reviewing various forms of publicly available information and compiling it into topics/areas relevant to the association’s, the membership’s, and/or the industry’s needs
- Organizing data in appropriate database(s) (or association management software) and updating as required
- Interpreting data to identify trends and/or patterns and summarizing findings using data tables, graphs, and fact sheets
- Working with staff to determine scope of research needs and best method(s) for gathering information and/or data that is not available through public sources to support the association’s positions
- Other duties as assigned
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities.
Desired Qualifications for the Position Include:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Three or more years of related analytical, statistical, and/or research experience
- Prior aviation and/or association experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with prior experience in creating and delivering written proposals and public presentations
- Advanced computer skills and proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong analytic and critical thinking abilities
- Strong organizational and time management skills with emphasis on accuracy and attention to detail
- Highly dependable and reliable with regard to work schedule and ability to meet project deadlines
- Highly or motivated; able to work independently and in a team environment
The above qualifications are representative, but not all-inclusive, of the experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities required for the position.
- Submit cover letter, resume, and salary requirements online at www.rotor.org/employment or by email to email@example.com
- Incomplete submissions will not be considered
- All positions are located in Alexandria, VA; flextime and telecommuting are not available
- All candidates are subject to background screening and drug testing
This posting is an announcement of a vacant position under recruitment. It is not intended to replace the official job description.
Helicopter Association International is an Equal Opportunity Employer.