The Senior Accountant will perform accounting tasks for the Accounting Department and assist with the maintenance of the accounting system. This position is focused on executing Accounts Payable and related transactions accurately and timely. The position requires knowledge and experience processing vendor invoices, travel requests, employee reimbursements and annual 1099 reporting. It will help significantly for the incumbent to have experience with project cost accounting, account reconciliations and general accounting practices and procedures. Ability to work independently or with limited supervision is required.
This positions’ primary focus will be processing of accounts payable and payroll, however, it is expected that the additional duties will be with assisting with the month end process. The Senior Accountant will be available to help with other accounting tasks/duties as assigned and as time permits.
- Ensure timely processing and payment of vendor invoices, travel requests, and any other requests for reimbursement and payment
- Maintain accurate accounts payable records ensuring proper documentation is attached and in compliance with corporate policy
- Process and review for accuracy accounts payable transactions and make any necessary adjustments. Interface with vendors and employees to answer inquiries and resolve discrepancies in a timely and professional manner.
- Prepare, submit for approval and post journal entries and account reconciliations as needed along with balancing of subsidiary accounts to the general ledger.
- Ensure timely payment of accounts payable checks, EFT requests and wire transfers
- Responsible for vendor setup, required documentation and maintaining vendor files. Responsible for annual 1099 reporting
- Prepare accounts payable and accrued expense reconciliations on a monthly basis. Assist with fixed assets reporting and reconciliation
- Process the weekly timesheets and the bi-weekly and monthly processing of payroll. Complete the 401(k) submission and workers compensation reporting.
- Responsible for the administration of payroll taxes and complete state registration as necessary.
- Execute error free bi-weekly and monthly payroll processing, reporting, and posting. Assist with the monthly reconciliation and posting of all payroll entries.
- Processing of third party payroll (ADP) and maintain as necessary.
- Generate accounts payable or payroll reports, as needed
- Assist with analyzes and auditing of monthly transactions
- Assist with the accounting period end closes: monthly, quarterly, and annually.
- Assist the Accounting Department with other tasks, duties or special projects as assigned.
Education Experience / Certification
- Bachelors degree in Finance/Accounting preferred or business related discipline with minimum of 3 years experience in all aspects of Accounting and Payroll processing; AA degree in Accounting acceptable with minimum 5 years of experience.
- Deltek/CostPoint accounting experience a plus
- Current knowledge and experience with third party payroll processing a plus.
- Excellent computer skills; strong knowledge of Excel and use of spreadsheets for financial controls and analysis;
- Effective interpersonal skills (written, oral and presentation); ability to work at the highest level of confidentiality with a high degree of accuracy and integrity
- Analytical/problem solving – ability to identify, analyze and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Planning/organizing – prioritize and plan work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans
- Must be detail-oriented and multi-tasking abilities
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs with or without accommodations.
- Employment contingent upon favorable background & reference checks.