HUMAN RESOURCES SPECIALIST
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Post Secondary Students Must be a currently enrolled in a full-time program at an institution of higher education as defined in 20 U.S.C. § 1001 and provide proof of continuous enrollment (i.e., documentation of registration or tuition bill from the college or university) at the time of application and have completed at least one full year of their academic program. Students must be in good academic standing with a GPA of 2.0 or greater, and making satisfactory progress towards the receipt of a bachelor's or graduate degree.
Recent Graduates Recent Graduates must be appointed within two years of being awarded a bachelor's or graduate degree from a qualifying educational institution as defined in 20 U.S.C. § 1001.The two year period of eligibility will be extended to four years for veterans who have completed a period of obligated uniformed service of more than 4 years, and was awarded a degree by an institution of higher education not more than 4 years before the date of appointment.
Individuals selected for these positions may be required to sign and adhere to a program participation agreement and/or an individual development plan.
Applications will be accepted from students who expect to complete qualifying education by August 31, 2018 . However, agencies are required to verify that the education has been completed successfully before any applicant can be appointed (report to work); therefore, your selection or start date may be impacted by proof and completion of all Pathways requirements.
Minimum qualifications can be met in one of four ways described below.
1. One year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-05 grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience is defined as experience that is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled and has equipped you with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. Specialized experience must demonstrate the following:
* Resolving human resources (HR) issues in accordance with applicable regulations and procedures
* Providing technical HR guidance to applicants/customers
* Researching and applying HR rules and regulations to solve less complex problems
NOTE: This information must be supported in your resume to be considered for the position.
2. Completed one full academic year (18 semester hours or the equivalent) of graduate education in a field which equipped you with the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform the duties of this Human Resources Specialist position. NOTE: YOU MUST SUBMIT A COMPLETE COPY OF YOUR TRANSCRIPTS OR AN ITEMIZED LIST OF COLLEGE COURSES WHICH INCLUDES EQUIVALENT INFORMATION FROM THE TRANSCRIPT (i.e. school name, course title, semester/quarter hours, and grade/degree earned).
3. A combination of education and experience as described above that meets the total requirements of the GS-07 HR specialist.
4. A bachelor's degree that meets the requirements for a GS-0201-07 under Superior Academic Achievement through one of the following methods: (Note: No more than 10% of academic credit can be based on pass/fail or similar non-traditional grading systems. You must submit transcripts and other qualifying documentation to support your claim.)
* 2.95 GPA overall or higher or in last 2 years(= or less than 10% Pass/Fail)
* 3.45 GPA or higher in major or in last 2 years in major (= or less than 10%Pass/Fail)
* Upper 1/3 ranking in graduating class (you must submit proof with your application)
* National Scholastic Honor Society. Membership in a freshman honor society cannot be used to meet the requirements of this provision. (You must submit proof with your application.)
Recent Graduates must be appointed within two years of being awarded a bachelor's or graduate degree from a qualifying educational institution as defined in 20 U.S.C. § 1001.
The two year period of eligibility will be extended to four years for veterans who have completed a period of obligated uniformed service of more than 4 years, and was awarded a degree by an institution of higher education not more than 4 years before the date of appointment.
NOTE: You must submit a copy of your most recent transcripts.
For positions requiring positive education requirements, or if you are using education to meet all or part of the qualification requirements, you must submit a copy of your transcripts or an itemized list of college courses which includes equivalent information from the transcript (course title, semester/quarter hours, and grade/degree earned) in your resume. See OPM's General Policies for information on crediting education.
Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the qualification requirements, if the applicant can provide documentation indicating that the foreign education is comparable to that received in an accredited educational institution in the United States. It is the responsibility of the applicant to provide such evidence when applying. For further information, please visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html.
Must be a US Citizen.
Males must be registered or exempt from Selective Service. www.sss.gov
Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
May be required to successfully complete a probationary/trial period.
New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify/.
Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
This position is covered by the Department of Defense Priority Placement Program.
Additional vacancies may be filled by this announcement.
Recruitment incentives will not be authorized.
Relocation incentives will not be authorized.
PCS will not be authorized.
Occasional visits to industrial area may be required.
Selectee must sign a mobility agreement.
Selectee will be required to attend various training away from his/her duty station. This may include a rotational training from 180 days to 6 months away from his/her duty stations.
This position has promotion potential to the GS-201-11 grade. If selected below the full performance level, incumbent may be noncompetitively promoted to the next higher grade level after meeting all regulatory requirements, and upon the recommendation of management. Promotion is neither implied nor guaranteed.
A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if the selectee fails to meet the pre-employment requirements, including failure to report to any of the scheduled appointments.
The Department of the Navy uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
If you are unable to apply online and request information about the Alternate Application process, please contact the Department of Navy's Employment Information Center.
EXPECTED TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT:
- Orientation program for Recent Graduates hired for the program.
- Mentorship throughout the program.
- Individual Development Plan to create and track Recent Graduates' career planning, professional development, and training activities.
- At least 40 hours of formal, interactive training each year of the program. *Note: This position is in the DON HR Intern Program, which requires a significant amount of travel and training. See the Job Summary section for more information.*
- Positions offer opportunity for career advancement.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
In order to qualify for this position, your resume must provide sufficient experience and/or education, knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the duties of the specific position for which you are being considered. Your resume is the key means we have for evaluating your skills, knowledge, and abilities as they relate to this position. Therefore, we encourage you to be clear and specific when describing your experience.
When the application process is complete, we will review your resume to ensure you meet the hiring eligibility and qualification requirements listed in this announcement. You will be rated based on the information provided in your resume and responses to the Occupational Questionnaire, along with your supporting documentation.
If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.
If after reviewing your resume and supporting documentation, a determination is made that you inflated your qualifications and/or experience, your score may be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities or you may be found ineligible/not qualified.
Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Applicants that wish to be considered for entry-level positions covered by the Luevano Consent Decree must be assessed prior to appointment or referral using the ACWA examination or an approved alternative assessment tool (e.g., USAHire).
All qualifications requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.