ITSPEC(APPSW)-Senior Software Developer
3 days left
- Full Time
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
You must meet all the requirements below by the closing date of the announcement and they must be clearly identified in your application, resume, or supporting documents. This includes any general and specialized experience and/or selective placement factors mentioned. These are used to determine if you possess the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities to successfully perform in this position.
You must meet the following United States Office of Personnel Management's (OPM) qualification requirements for the advertised position. OPM's prescribed Group Coverage Qualification Standard for Information Technology (IT) Management can be found at https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/2200/information-technology-it-management-series-2210-alternative-a/.
You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of the job announcement.
To qualify at the GS-14 level, you must have one-year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13 obtained in the federal or private sector which demonstrates all of the following:
- Formulating the software architecture and overseeing the technical implementation of web-based software applications in a virtualized environment using complex software architecture concepts (e.g., model-view-controller (MVC), services oriented architecture, micro-services, integrated design patterns), to effectively meet stakeholder requirements; AND
- Ensuring the operational security of all custom web applications in the portfolio through compliance with Federal information security standards (e.g., FISMA); AND
- Providing expert technical oversight and guidance to developers and other technology resources to effectively implement and maintain web-based software applications.
Attention to Detail - Is thorough, precise and consistent when accomplishing a task with concern for all the areas involved. Achieves quality in all tasks performed.
Customer Service - Establishes collaborative working arrangements with business partners and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to anticipate and identify their needs to determine the most effective high-quality service or solution. Demonstrates a "can do" attitude in servicing the customer and communicates effectively when they "can't do" and "why."
Communication - Communicates in a clear and convincing manner with officials, managers/supervisors, both verbally and in writing in order to advise and gain acceptance with recommendations that may not always be readily accepted. Independently addresses and resolves issues that may be construed as sensitive or controversial.
Problem Solving - Identifies and analyzes problems; weighs relevance and accuracy of information; generates and evaluates alternative solutions; makes sound recommendations. Delivers solutions and decisions that have a positive, far-reaching, and comprehensive organizational impact.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through national service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills, and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Surplus or Displaced Federal Employees: The Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) and Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) Programs are available to federal employees that qualify. Those eligible for these programs are granted special priority selection rights. To be considered, you must be deemed well-qualified by receiving a score of 85 or higher. If you are a federal employee claiming CTAP/ICTAP, you must provide the documents listed under the Required Documents section to verify your eligibility. Also, you must indicate in your application that you are applying as a CTAP or ICTAP eligible. For additional information regarding CTAP/ICTAP, please visit: http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/workforce-restructuring/employee-guide-to-career-transition/.
Selective Service: If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, you must certify that you are registered with the Selective Service or are exempt under Selective Service regulations. For additional information concerning Selective Service requirements, please visit http://www.sss.gov/.
Severely disabled persons program information: http://www.opm.gov/disability/People with disabilities.asp
Cover page to fax paper application - OPM Form 1203fx: http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdfimage/opm1203fx.pdf
Assessment Questionnaire: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10180387
Vacancy ID number: MP-18-054-KC
Reasonable accommodations: This agency provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the contact listed on the vacancy announcement. The decision to grant a reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis. Verification of information: Any information claimed on your resume and in application materials, such as education, credentials, employment history, etc., will be verified as part of the security clearance process.
Your resume serves as the basis for qualification determinations and must highlight your most relevant and significant work experience(s) as it relates to this job opportunity. In order to fully evaluate your application and receive proper credit, your resume should include: (1) paid and non-paid experience, job title, dates held (month and year for qualifying purposes to receive credit), number of hours worked per week, and salary (2) knowledge of the subject matter and technical skills pertinent to this position; (3) specific duties performed that fully detail the level and complexity of the work; and (4) names and phone numbers of your current and/or previous supervisor(s). Your resume should contain sufficient information to make a valid determination that you fully meet the basic/specialized experience requirements as stated in this job opportunity announcement for each grade level(s) for which you are applying. We will review your resume and supporting documents, to ensure you meet the basic qualification requirements.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
The self-assessment questions are related to the following knowledge, skills, abilities, and competencies (KSA's). You do not have to respond to the KSA's.
- Mastery of, skill in applying, systems engineering concepts such as structured design, reliability, scalability, and maintainability to ensure applications are optimized for state-of-the-art technology and functionality.
- Mastery of, and skill in applying, software development concepts and methods throughout the software development lifecycle (SDLC), including software analysis, design, development, testing, installation and maintenance, to implement a multifunctional development project of a new system or for major enhancement to an existing system.
- Mastery and skill in applying project management principles, methods, and practices to manage and direct project teams comprised of technical IT experts (both FTE and contractor); coordinate assigned projects from development to production; identify and obtain required resources; develop milestones; and report progress to senior management to achieve cost, schedule and performance goals.
- Knowledge and skill applying IT security principles, standards, and methods, such as FISMA guidelines for ensuring technical, operational and management controls to ensure the authority to operate of a software system.
- Ability to analyze, make and implement recommendations regarding the use of both commercial and open source software tools and technologies to ensure best value implementation.
Your responses to the self assessment questions serve as the basis for your initial rating. You will receive a numerical score based on your responses to these questions. Next, your responses will be evaluated by a Human Resources Specialist and/or a subject matter expert against the information provided in your resume. The best qualified candidates will be identified for referral to the hiring manager and may be invited for an interview. If referred all relevant documents submitted with your application package will be forwarded to the selecting official. Falsifying your background, education, and/or experience is cause for not hiring you or for changing your scored responses to questions you've answered, which may affect your overall final score.
Due weight shall be given to performance appraisals and awards in accordance with 5 CFR § 335.103(b)(3).
Your experience is also evaluated using an assessment questionnaire, which is available at the following link: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10180387