IT Technical Project Manager
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Your resume serves as the basis for qualification determinations and must highlight your most relevant and significant work experience and education (if applicable) as it relates to this job opportunity. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Your resume must include the dates of all qualifying experience (from month/year to month/year) and the number of hours worked/volunteered per week.SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must have a minimum of one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility comparable to the next lower grade or comparable pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private sector. Examples of specialized experience are:
One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13 grade level or comparable pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private sector providing the infrastructure comprised of right systems, data, security, and data management solutions to support storage, preservation and use of information.
Your application and resume must demonstrate that you possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs). Do not provide a separate narrative written statement. Rather, you must show in your résumé how your past work experience demonstrates that you possess the KSAs identified below. If asked to do so, cite specific examples of employment or experience contained in your resume and describe how this experience has prepared you to successfully perform the duties of this position. DO NOT write "see resume" in your application!
Those applicants who meet the minimum qualification requirements will be evaluated against these factors to determine the best-qualified candidates.
- Technical project management of complex as well as simple IT projects, across a wide variety of projects in both development and development management roles. These projects must include both software development projects and bringing in-house commercial, off the shelf (COTS) software solutions.
- Understanding of a variety of IT development lifecycles and methodologies.
- Strong software development background, with substantial coding experience in an enterprise environment.
- Good understanding of the major development platforms, like Java, .NET, PHP, major database systems, like Oracle, SQLServer, MySQL, and open source initiatives.
GS-5 through GS-15 (or equivalent): For all positions individuals must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below. The employing agency is responsible for identifying the specific level of proficiency required for each competency at each grade level based on the requirements of the position being filled.
- Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
- Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
- Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
- Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
This position has an education requirement. You are strongly encouraged to submit a copy of your transcripts (or a list of your courses including titles, credit hours completed and grades). Unofficial transcripts will be accepted in the application package. Official transcripts will be required from all selectees prior to receiving an official offer. Click here for information on Foreign Education.
Education: All academic degrees and coursework must be from accredited or pre-accredited institutions
Candidate has a bachelor’s degree (master’s degree preferred) in information technology, computer science, system engineering, or equivalent degree. Project Management Professional (PMP) certification, Scrum Master, and various software development related technical certifications (J2EE, Java, .NET, C#, etc.) are preferred.
- The National Gallery of Art fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
• More than one selection may be made from this vacancy announcement.
• Some positions may require completion of a probationary period of up to 1 (one) year.
• AN EXTERNAL SELECTED CANDIDATE WITH A LEVEL-2 PUBLIC TRUST BACKGROUND PREFERRED.
• All males born after December 31st 1959 must abide by laws regarding Selective Service registration. To learn more about this law, visit the Selective Service web page, Who Must Register. If you are not registered and don't have an approved exemption, you will not be eligible for employment with the Federal government.
EEO Policy: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/equal-employment-opportunity/
Reasonable Accommodation Policy: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/reasonable-accommodation/
Veterans Information: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/working-in-government/unique-hiring-paths/veterans/
Selective Service Registration: http://www.sss.gov/
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Best-qualified candidates will be determined by their personal, educational and work experience indicated in your resume and in their supplemental information relative to the factors listed above.
If your resume is incomplete or does not support the responses you provided in your online questionnaire, or if you fail to submit all required documentation before the vacancy closes, you may be rated 'ineligible', 'not qualified', or your evaluation rating may be adjusted accordingly.
To preview questions please click here.