5 days left
- Full Time
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
The experience may have been gained in either the public, private sector or volunteer service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis. To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/day/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week on your resume.You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
For the GS-13 level, you must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes the following:
-Experience with U.S. financial regulatory policy, including engagement with financial regulatory agencies; AND
-Experience assisting with the preparation of written research or analysis for use by senior officials in the private or public sector including briefing papers, reports, presentations, or memoranda regarding financial stability or economic or financial analysis; AND
-Experience analyzing and monitoring financial markets or institutions and making recommendations to senior officials.
For the GS-12 level, you must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes the following:
-Experience monitoring policies, programs, or practices related to financial markets, such as capital markets, commodity markets, or derivatives markets; OR
-Experience monitoring the policies, programs, or practices related to financial institutions, such as depository institutions, broker-dealers, investment companies, insurance companies, or central counterparties.
For the GS-11, you must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-09 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes the following:
-Experience performing financial and statistical research and analysis, including financial modeling using Excel, STATA or other statistical tools; AND
-Experience performing research and analysis regarding financial companies or financial markets.
OR You may substitute education for specialized experience as follows: Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree OR 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree OR LL.M. if related
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
- Relocation expenses will not be paid.
- This is a non-bargaining unit position.
- A recruitment incentive may be offered.
- Student loan repayment may be offered.
- We may offer opportunities for telework.
- We may offer opportunities for flexible work schedules.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- Must successfully complete a background investigation.
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency.
- If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
- Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
- Obtain and use a Government-issued charge card for business-related travel.
- File a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report within 30 days of appointment and annually from then on, if necessary.
- Undergo an income tax verification, if necessary.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Rating: You must submit a resume and, if you wish, a cover letter describing your qualifications as they relate to the duties of this position. Applicants who meet the basic qualification requirements described above will be ranked by a subject matter expert based on the extent to which they demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs). Be sure the information you provide in your resume and/or cover letter describes all of your relevant duties and accomplishments related to the KSAs. Failure to do so may result in a lower score than you would otherwise receive. Your application will be evaluated in the following areas:
- Financial Institutions, Market Practices, and Policy Issues
- Financial/Economic Analysis and Research
- Communication of Research, Analysis, and Recommendations
Referral: If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application may be referred to a selecting official for consideration. You may be required to participate in a selection interview. We will not reimburse costs related to the interview such as travel to and from the interview site. If you are a displaced or surplus Treasury Federal employee (eligible for the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP)) you must be assigned the middle category or better to be rated as “well qualified" to receive special selection priority.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation