Senior Counsel, CM-0905-02
Occasional travel - Occasional Overnight Travel Is Required.
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes Relocation Expenses are authorized.
Completion of Confidential Financial Disclosure may be required.
High Risk Position - Background Investigation (BI) required.
Employee may be relocated to any duty location to meet management needs.
Basic Qualification Requirements:
Active member of the bar.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENT: In addition to meeting the Basic Qualification Requirements, applicants must have additional specialized experience as defined below:
Candidates must possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS/CG-14 level. Specialized experience is experience overseeing complex matters in litigation; analyzing relevant law and facts; developing, identifying, and recommending pursuit of meritorious claims related to the breach of duties by professionals; evaluating the cost-effectiveness of pursuing claims; experience litigating and negotiating resolution of professional liability claims; and responding to requests for information and seeking restitution or forfeiture in connection with financial crimes.
Applicants must have met the qualification requirements (including selective placement factors - if any) for this position by the closing date OR within 30 calendar days of the closing date to be eligible for this position.
There is no substitution of education for the experience for this position.
To read about your rights and responsibilities as an applicant for Federal employment, click here.
If selected, you may be required to serve a trial period.
If selected, you may be required to serve a supervisory/managerial probationary period.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your resume and the online assessment questionnaire will be reviewed, to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements outlined in this announcement. Therefore, it is imperative that your resume contain sufficiently detailed information upon which to make the qualification determination. Please ensure that your resume contains specific information such as position titles, beginning and ending dates of employment for each position, average number of hours worked per week, and if the position is/was in the Federal government, you should provide the position series and grade level.
The competencies/knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs) you will be assessed on are listed below. Qualified applicants will be further evaluated by a Subject Matter Expert and placed into one of three categories. Top ranked candidates will be referred to the selecting official for further review and consideration.
1. Knowledge of FDI Act, the FDIC regulations and other federal banking laws, and laws related to professional liability claims or financial crimes against financial institution directors, officers, employees, insurers, and other professionals.
2. Ability to manage/supervise staff.
3. Knowledge of federal and state law as well as FDIC policies governing the liquidation of insured financial institutions, receiverships, bankruptcy, insurance claims, director and officer liability, securities claims, attorney malpractice, accountant and auditor liability, mortgage malpractice and fraud, and financial institution bonds.
4. Knowledge of all facets of litigation including the substantive and procedural requirements and strategy for preparing for, presenting argument, and responding effectively to pleadings, discovery, motions practice, and trial.
5. Ability to research, analyze, synthesize, and resolve complex legal issues.
6. Ability to work with outside counsel and counsel from other agencies and to coordinate litigation.
7. Knowledge of criminal law and procedure, civil law and procedure, investigative procedures for civil and criminal matters, and regulations applicable to financial institutions.
You do not need to respond separately to these KSAs. Your answers to the online questionnaire and resume will serve as responses to the KSAs.
To preview questions please click here.