Administrative Specialist, Innovation Center for Biomedical Informatics - Georgetown University Med
6 days left
- Full Time
Administrative Specialist, Innovation Center for Biomedical Informatics - Georgetown University Medical Center
The mission of Georgetown University Medical Center's Innovation Center for Biomedical Informatics (ICBI) is to enhance translational research at GUMC and educate the next generation of scientists and physicians for which bioinformatics will be an integral part of both biomedical research and clinical practice. ICBI provides a core group of informatics experts and tools to support GUMC researchers and clinicians and help them evaluate data emerging from the new genomics technologies.
The Administrative Specialist serves as ICBI's sole administrator, providing the full range of administrative management, including organization of meetings for 9 fully funded projects, as well as financial, human resources, communication, administration activities. Reporting to the ICBI Director, the Administrative Specialist has duties that include but are not limited to:
- Manages daily administrative activities for Center Director and all projects such as calendar maintenance for Director's internal/external meetings, domestic and international travel, and conferences as well as meetings/conferences for all 9 projects and Senior Faculty members.
- Prepares spreadsheets and other regular and interim reports to management as required.
- Maintains an extensive database for all documentation relating to financial and administrative tasks using Microsoft Excel and Access.
- Actively participates with teams for continuous quality improvement for the department.
- Maintains all security operations within Datawatch Security database and clearance requirements for the Center, including the proper disposal of any sensitive material.
- Participates in meetings/trainings involving a range of issues - for example, personnel actions, regulatory requirements, actions involving outside agencies, and inter-department needs) for the purpose of developing procedures and supporting the department.
- Serves as contact for student employees and volunteers within the department.
- Interacts with various departments and executive offices within the Georgetown community and the public.
Human Resources Administration
- Drafts advertisements for available positions, processes applications, and assembles resumes for the director and senior faculty.
- Initiates the paperwork process Sponsored University Associates applications, verifies identities, and completes the process in compliance with the requirements of University Information Services and Georgetown University policies.
- Provides information and assistance to employees, departments, administrators, applicants, and the public regarding employment with ICBI.
- Conducts ICBI new employee orientation and assists in completion of necessary forms.
- Provides ongoing training and assistance regarding matters such as office policies and procedures, enrollment forms, office expectations, schedules, and working hours, helping to ensure that ICBI employees are knowledgeable of current practices and administrative processes.
- Collects and manages documents and legal requirements for international employees and then forwards to the appropriate department administrator for further processing.
- Procures office equipment, supplies, and software, keeping a detailed inventory list and proper tagging, reporting, and controls for all equipment within the department, and communicating with Georgetown's Property Accounting Office.
- Tracks and maintains the budget, and reconciles the Center Director's ProCard and Department ProCard.
- Keeps record of petty cash, monthly allocation for monetary transactions, and submission to GUMC Finance ProCard Office.
- Initiates ProCard payment for all Georgetown-related and external contracts, software licenses, and computer accessories.
- Prepares documents for employees/external collaborators, such as reimbursements and honoraria, purchase requisitions up to $10K, non-payroll expenditures, and directly billed transactions.
- Serves as back-up to departmental financial analyst, using knowledge and ability to access Financial Access+ for contract review, EV, and procurement status.
- Serves as the vendor liaison for departmental needs and/or events.
- Serves as the main contact and coordinator for any departmental special projects, events, trainings, symposia, and conferences.
- Facilitates all travel requirements in Georgetown Travel Portal and GUMC and Lombardi Finance Office for external collaborators, speakers, visiting professors, and non-Georgetown participants.
- Assists with pre-award grant submission, including formatting and editing content for accurate information.
- Collects and maintains transmission documents for the Center Director, such as transmittal, PI Assurance, and Study Specific Disclosure Forms in TRACTS.
- Communicates with funding agencies and Contract Administrators.
- Bachelor's degree
- 3 years of work experience in a high level, rapidly-paced office setting
- Ability to perform in a high pressure environment and to timely respond to multiple demands
- Superlative attention to detail and skilled time management
- Excellent writing, reading, communication, and analytical skills
- Experience higher education administrative and/or executive administrative assistant experience
- Financial knowledge
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or email@example.com.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.