Graduate Assistant - Information Technology
6 days left
- Full Time
This position is ONLY for the Fall 2018 semester.
The Department of Information Technology, Management Science, and Cybersecurity invites applications for three open Graduate Assistantships.
As applicable, for the positions open (1/3,2/3, full-time):
1/3 GA: Works 105 hours total each semester of the assistantship (which averages 7 hours per week in a typical 15 semester); and receives a waiver of 3 credits of graduate tuition each semester of the assistantship. PT students (paying a flat rate tuition) receive a waiver of $4738 of tuition charges each semester of the assistantship.
2/3 GA: Works 210 hours total each semester of the assistantship (which averages 14 hours per week in a typical 15 semester); and receives a waiver of 6 credits of graduate tuition each semester of the assistantship. PT students (paying a flat rate tuition) receive a waiver of $9476 tuition each semester of the assistantship.
Full-time GA: Works 300 hours total each semester of the assistantship (which averages 20 hours per week in a typical 15 wk semester). Full-time GAs receive a waiver of 9 credits of their graduate tuition each semester of the assistantship.
Primary responsibility is the development and implementation of processes and procedures, particularly in the IT undergraduate program.
Responsibilities also include:
- Maintaining electronic files, including spreadsheets and databases to support course scheduling
- Working on new program development
- Collecting data for outcomes assessment activities
- Conducting research
- Executing other tasks
- Supports the Cyber Center events by arranging logistics for events and outside speakers
University required minimum qualifications:
- You must be accepted into Marymount as a graduate student.
- You must be registered for at least 6 graduate credits during any semester in which you are awarded a GA position.
- For current students, graduate GPA must be at least 3.0. For entering graduate students, undergraduate GPA must be at least 3.0.
Department-specific minimum qualifications:
- Admitted student in a School of Business graduate Program (IT, Cybersecurity, or IT dual degrees).
- Knowledge of computer packages including MS Word, PowerPoint, Access, and MS Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Competent in research techniques, able to work as part of a team, and to take and follow directions.
University required preferred qualifications:
- Academic record and community/professional service will be considered in decision-making.
- Accepted students enrolled full-time are given preference over part-time students.
Department-specific preferred qualifications:
- Ability to work a fluctuating schedule to meet faculty requirements in fall 2017.
Special Notes to Applicants
The Department of Information Technology, Management Science, and Cybersecurity invites applications for three open Graduate Assistantships for the Fall 2018 semester.
1 Opening for Full-Time GA
1 Opening for 2/3 GA
1 Opening for 1/3 GA
The ‘Responsibilities’ section has the breakdown of hours for each.
Application materials must be received by
Open Until Filled Yes
Marymount is a comprehensive Catholic university that emphasizes the liberal arts, career preparation, and personal and professional development. A diverse and welcoming learning community, Marymount serves nearly 4,000 undergraduate and graduate students. The universityâ€™s location in suburban Arlington, Virginia, offers easy access to the rich resources of the nationâ€™s capital. Marymount University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer.