Systems and Applications Manager (Business Analyst IV)
A rewarding, exciting and professionally challenging opportunity exists for an individual to work as a member of the Fairfax-Falls Church Community Services Board's (CSB) Informatics Team. Oversees the system administration of the CSB's primary application, the electronic health record and all associated applications and systems supporting operational requirements to include various databases used to collect and analyze data along with maintenance of state reporting systems. Collaborates as appropriate with internal staff functions for business and clinical operations to accommodate and meet hardware and software needs in coordination with Department of Information Technology. Participates in strategic planning for development of new integrated systems and platforms that support CSB needs in collaboration with Health and Human Services IT initiatives. Utilizes advanced knowledge and principles, methods and tools for conducting performance assessments of IT systems, principles of interoperability to include health information exchange capability, and other capabilities of various state of the art hardware, software, and networks. Manages all help desk operations to include troubleshooting and identifying appropriate solutions. Oversees the use and implementation of application and data systems with regards to information systems security issues and compliance. Monitors access and control procedures for the agency computer access to all major applications including the electronic health record. Conducts routine audits to ensure compliance with information system security requirements and HIPAA regulations and policies. Coordinates and collaborates with Department of Information Technology to stay aware of all potential IT changes affecting the operational capabilities of agency staff. Analyzes and develops long and short term plans for agency electronic health record in coordination with existing and future vendors. Oversees the development and maintenance of agency reports and dashboards reflecting productivity and key performance indicators for agency management decision making. Manages verification and useful of new functional updates and capabilities to the electronic health record. Collaborates with all external agencies as required to meet operational requirements.
To learn more about careers that make a difference, watch our video "We Are CSB".
- Provides direction to align technology with organization's strategy, priorities, and business needs;
- Serves as lead system administrator for multiple complex interdepartmental systems in multiple environments on a variety of platforms;
- Develops the processes and policies to ensure compliance with federal and state systems and regulations;
- Serves as agency's point of contact to coordinate and funnel agency's needs and requests through Human Services' centralized IT Strategic Planning Group;
- Oversees the evaluation and redesign of business processes to enhance business functionality and efficiency and to facilitate large-scale change;
- Leads efforts to seek ways of applying new and existing technology to business processes, providing expertise on technical trends and external practices;
- Manages the business process activities for the systems development life cycle for new and/or existing complex systems;
- Manages the development, implementation, interoperability, quality assurance, and security of systems;
- Identifies and maintains key performance measures for business processes associated with technical systems;
- Manages workgroups that perform documentation of system requirements and specifications detailing user needs to be utilized by system technical support members;
- Manages staff performing the functional testing process during solution implementation to ensure that they function correctly to serve user needs without compromising other system functions;
- Determines appropriate system life cycle techniques and methods for implementation;
- Supervises the delivery of training classes to user groups;
- Evaluates, prioritizes, and educates others on the technical implications of requested changes and improvements on systems;
- Brokers services with DIT and vendors on behalf of customers;
- Coordinates multi-system solutions to clarify interdependencies so that systems interface seamlessly with each other;
- Communicates with other IT functional areas to apprise them of project status, inform senior management of progress, and keep DIT's technology and service managers aware of user issues needing resolution;
- Stays abreast of technology changes.
- Advanced knowledge of methods, metrics, tools, and techniques of business process reengineering;
- Advanced knowledge of the principles, methods and tools for conducting performance assessments of IT systems, change management theories, and their application in a business environment;
- Advanced knowledge of procedures for developing technical and operational support documentation and tools for analyzing and developing test and evaluation procedures;
- Advanced knowledge of principles, methods and techniques of information technology assessment;
- Considerable knowledge of interdepartmental and/or countywide processes, procedures, and requirements;
- Considerable knowledge of the capabilities of information technology software, hardware, and network communication technology;
- Considerable knowledge of the capabilities of various computer platforms functioning in centralized, distributed, client server, and stand-alone environments;
- Considerable knowledge of effective processes, methods, techniques to analyze and evaluate business operations;
- Considerable knowledge of effective project management methods, practices and techniques;
- Knowledge of effective supervisory methods, practices, and techniques;
- Ability to manage/administer multiple computer systems in a diverse computing environment;
- Ability to work on problems of diverse scope where analysis requires a comprehensive understanding of hardware/ software systems solutions;
- Ability to manage both small and large long and short-term projects under project timeline and resources;
- Ability to write computer program operating instructions;
- Ability to write effectively, including technical writing;
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills with a demonstrated track record in new concept development for various projects and complex technical plans;
- Ability to understand how IT affects an organization and ability to link it to redesigned business processes;
- Ability to work cooperatively with technical staff and end users and establish and maintain relationships.
Any combination of education, experience and training equivalent to possession of a bachelor's degree in computer information systems, business administration, or related field; plus five years of experience in information systems and process redesign, managing and implementing all phases of the systems development life cycle, including at least one year of supervisory experience.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
The appointee to this position will be required to complete a criminal background check, a Child Protective Services Registry, a driving record check, and a check with the Office of the Inspector General (OIG) to the satisfaction of the employer.
- Minimum of five years continuous experience working with SQL databases.
- Minimum of three years of experience managing help desk operations to include experience with ITIL Foundation.
- Minimum of three years of recent experience using and/or supporting a certified electronic health record in behavioral health environment
- Recent experience working in health informatics supporting the planning and implementation of a certified electronic health record.
- Recent experience with health information sharing via HL7 protocol to communicate with other health systems.
- Minimum of five years continuous experience working in multi-platform enterprise network systems.
- Recent experience working under an integrated healthcare environment supporting primary and behavioral health clients.
- Understanding and working experience with hardware asset management and telecommunication systems like smartphones, tablets and other data sharing devices.
Ability to travel to CSB sites to provide coaching/training/support; ability to communicate clearly orally and in writing; ability to use keyboard driven equipment; carry equipment weighing no more than 25 pounds. All duties performed with or without reasonable accommodations.
Panel interview and may include exercise.
It is the policy of Fairfax County Government to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or disability in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.
Reasonable accommodations are available to persons with disabilities during application and/or interview processes per the Americans with Disabilities Act. Contact 703-324-4900 for assistance. TTY 703-222-7314. EEO/AA/TTY.