Construction/Maintenance Project Manager I
Under general supervision of the Commercial Revitalization District (CRD) Maintenance Program Manager, independently performs construction and maintenance project management work including planning, monitoring, scheduling, budget preparation, coordinating, managing and payment approvals of the work of consultants and construction contractors to carry out capital construction, facility renovation, maintenance, infrastructure rehabilitation and infrastructure renewal projects. The projects, which are part of the Fairfax County CRD Maintenance Program, include, but are not limited to roads, walkways, pedestrian bridges, bus shelters, landscape and streetscape areas located within the CRDs.
Note: Required to be available twenty-four hours a day/seven days a week (24/7) to respond to snow and other designated emergencies on an as needed basis. Must adhere to and fully support the department's safety guidelines
Any combination of education, training and experience equivalent to: graduation from a four-year college or university with a bachelor's degree in civil engineering, landscape architecture, environmental or life sciences, construction management, business administration, facilities management or related; and, four years of progressively responsible experience in the supervision or management of construction or maintenance projects, including at least two years of experience in contract administration.
Successful completion of the Project Manager Development Program and three years in the Assistant Project Manager class.
The successful candidate possesses the following:
- Experience managing complex transportation maintenance or construction projects that pertain to the maintenance of transportation infrastructure, bus shelters, landscaping, and other streetscape features Experience in working within active Right-Of-Way and complying with VDOT's Work Zone Safety measures;
- Conducting post construction maintenance projects to ensure performance, safety, and regulatory compliance;
- Ability to work collaboratively with staff, stakeholders and vendors to do corrective action as necessary to meet project success criteria;
- Experienced user of GIS and database software;
- Strong analytical, verbal and writing skills;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with government officials and the general public.
- Experience in review and/or preparation of maintenance operations and maintenance projects plans for pedestrian, bicycle, roadway or multimodal transportation projects.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES REQUIRED:
A valid driver's license is required. Possession of a Work Zone Safety Traffic Control Intermediate Certification or the ability to obtain same within 18 months of appointment date. Possession of a valid Virginia Erosion and Sediment Control Inspector Certification or the ability to obtain same within 18 months of appointment date.
Is required to complete a criminal background check, and driving record check to the satisfaction of the employer.
Duties performed with or without reasonable accommodation. Commercial Revitalization Districts (CRDs). With assistance, includes the removal and replacement of manhole covers weighing up to 90 pounds. Ability to conduct field investigations related to repairs, improvements and maintenance of the CRDs to include, but not limited to roadway improvements, walkways, pedestrian bridges, transit facilities, and bus shelters for field reconnaissance to design and implement construction and maintenance type projects. Physically and mentally able to use all applicable personal protective equipment in an outdoor environment; including hardhat, eye protection, hearing protection, safety footwear, safety vest, long pants, sleeved shirt, and personal fall arrest harness.
Panel interview, may include exercise.
It is the policy of Fairfax County Government to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or disability in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.
Reasonable accommodations are available to persons with disabilities during application and/or interview processes per the Americans with Disabilities Act. Contact 703-324-4900 for assistance; TTY 703-222-7314. EEO/AA/TTY.