Administrative Assistant II
Administrative Assistant II
Office of Institutional Advancement
Non Exempt, Regular, 100% Full Time, Pay Grade 009
University of Maryland University College seeks an Administrative Assistant II. Reporting to the Associate VP, Grants and Donor Relations, the Administrative Assistant II provides complex administrative support to an individual, office, department or program. Work requires comprehensive knowledge of the organization or program where assigned, skill in working with issues related to policy, procedures, and confidential matters, and involves considerable participation in the work of the supervisor. Incumbents exercise discretion and judgment with considerable consequence of error.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
1. Edits, formats, and revises a variety of documents and materials created by others. Proofreads for grammatical, typographical and basic content errors.
2. Converts rough copy and drafts to final version quality reports, presentations, and documents. Includes incorporating edits from multiple reviewers, adding graphics and effects to presentations, and applying campus style guidelines.
3. Drafts and signs routine correspondence and replies to inquiries which do not require technical program knowledge.
4. Develops, implements, and maintains paper and electronic filing systems which meet department needs and satisfy requirements for retention and information security. Enters, updates, and retrieves information as needed. Creates reports as needed.
5. Researches, analyzes, and summarizes information and source materials for reports independently and communicates findings orally and in writing.
6. Receives and reads incoming correspondence and information. Summarizes and prioritizes review of correspondence. Screens out items to be handled personally and forwards remainder with necessary background material.
7. Receives and screens telephone calls and visitors. Independently handles procedural and substantive matters and inquiries which do not require technical knowledge or refers callers to others as appropriate.
8. Makes all necessary arrangements for travel and independently performs required administrative follow-up and recordkeeping.
9. Assists in preparing and administering department budget by updating accounts, and running periodic reports.
10. Acts as intermediary for supervisor, interacting with officials, staff at all levels and the public. Provides information requiring comprehensive knowledge of institutional policies, procedures, and special departmental issues.
11. Anticipates supervisor's course of action when absent and facilitates problem resolution. Interprets administrative decisions and policies to other staff and transmits directions and instructions based on authority delegated by the supervisor.
12. May provide guidance and instruction to other office support staff.
Note: The intent of this list of primary duties is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of this job. Incumbents perform other related duties assigned. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or GED. Three (3) years experience providing administrative support. Applicants may be required to complete the institution's required skills assessment to be considered. Some positions require specific skills such as word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, database, email or calendaring software, and Internet proficiency. General knowledge of and skill in the practical application of generally accepted office practices and procedures. Ability to communicate effective both orally and in writing. Ability to proofread and edit written documents. Skill in various computer software packages, such as word processing, spreadsheets, database, and presentation programs, Internet, email and calendaring software. Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions. Ability to interact effectively with internal and external parties in a courteous and efficient manner. Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, and execute multiple and continuing assignments with general instructions.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.If you are an external candidate, you will have the option to create an account after you submit your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to apply to additional jobs.