Research Support Specialist
We are seeking Research Support Specialists to work on a research project for Westat at our Gaithersburg, MD location. The primary role of the Research Support Specialist will be to identify and record the presence of buildings and structures in various geographic areas of the United States. The Specialist will capture location and other information and enter it into electronic forms. The Specialist will use digital maps, satellite imagery and additional internet research when needed to identify buildings and structures based on specific instructions and criteria.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs):
- Candidates must be able to work in a team environment and communicate effectively with their peers and supervisors,
- Must be able to follow and executed detailed written and oral instructions,
- must have intermediate knowledge of digital mapping tools and navigating within digital maps, and
- be able to work a productive pace while maintaining data accuracy.
- Excellent verbal communication skills,
- Prior experience using Geographic Information Systems (GIS) software and online mapping applications such as Google Earth and Google Street View is a plus
- A high school diploma or GED is required to apply
- Must be able to work full-time (40 hours/week), Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:30am and 5:30pm from June 4th through the end of August on-site at our Gaithersburg, MD office location
These assignments are temporary hourly positions. Benefits are based on hours worked and tenure.
Any offer of employment may be contingent upon receipt of acceptable results from a post-offer background screening, if required for the position, based on the specific position which may include, for example, identity verification, employment history, or criminal records history.
Westat is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, gender identity, or any other protected status under applicable law.