7 days left
- Full Time
The EMMES Corporation, established in 1977, is a privately-owned Contract Research Organization (CRO). Headquartered in Rockville, Maryland Emmes employs over six hundred staff worldwide with offices located in Frederick, Maryland, Tysons Corner, Virginia, Vancouver, Canada and Bangalore, India. Ranked as a top area workplace of choice by the Washington Post, Emmes fosters an environment of collaboration, professional growth, and exceptional work life balance.
Our studies impact public health initiatives on a global scale occurring in more than sixty countries spanning across six continents. We are dedicated to providing statistical and epidemiological expertise, computer systems deployment, data management, study monitoring, regulatory guidance, and overall operational support to clients engaged in biomedical research. Emmes offers support for the entire process of clinical trials from study design and protocol development through data analysis and manuscript generation.
The Network Engineer will be responsible for the administration of critical network infrastructure and datacenter operations and should be experienced in network architecture, system design and integration. This includes but is not limited to the installation, configuration, testing and administration of network infrastructure (LAN/WAN, SAN, Wifi), virtual computing infrastructure (multiple servers, OS, applications, databases), cloud computing services and security tools.
Manage day-to-day operation of on/off site datacenter and cloud computing environment
Ensure back-up routines and continuity of operations plans are in place
Design, install, configure, maintain and patch servers, switches, routers, firewalls, SANs, VPNs, and other critical IT infrastructure appliances
Responsible for monitoring, alerting and availability of critical IT infrastructure and Emmes’ systems
- Be available on call and provide support outside of business hours Maintain the integrity and security of servers and systems Conduct analysis to keep systems current with changing technologies Provide timely professional hardware and software technical support to coordinate and resolve complex issues
- Configure, troubleshoot, resolve and document IT infrastructure issues
- Manage and work on multiple projects and activities simultaneously
- Interact with third-party vendors and internal database and development staff
- Ability to carry and move equipment weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Cyber Security, Engineering, Information Systems, Business Management or related discipline with at least 5 years of relevant work experience to include 2 years’ with VMware Horizon and other VMWare and virtualization technologies required
- Expert knowledge of network communications, LAN/ WAN technology, switches, routers, security tools (firewall, AV/ malware/ web filter/ SEIM)
- VMware Certification is required
- Experience with administrating Microsoft Windows Server and Windows desktop/ laptop
- Experience implementing TCP/IP-based services, including DNS, DHCP, HTTP, FTP, SSH, SMTP, etc.
- Experience with web hosting and supporting external facing client applications a plus
- Knowledge or experience with O365 administration, Exchange, Active Directory, MDM a plus
- Experience with designing and managing Storage Area Network, firewall, load balancers a plus
- Experience with AWS and multiple datacenter/colocations including disaster recovery a plus
- Experience with Linux/Unix configuration and management a plus
- Familiarity or certification in ITIL and service desk support methodologies
- Experience managing multiple tasks, projects and activities simultaneously
- Excellent organization, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to learn, transfer and acquire new technical skills
- Travel occasionally between local offices and colocation as needed
- Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident Alien, and able to obtain Certificate of Public Trust
CONNECT WITH US!!
Follow us on Twitter - @EMMESCorp
Find us on LinkedIn - The EMMES Corporation
The EMMES Corporation is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.