Chemonics seeks an editor to work with staff company-wide to produce proposals and technical materials. The ideal candidate is dedicated to editorial excellence and enjoys working with writer and editors of varying ability across technical disciplines. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Edit internal and external communications, including proposals and project reports
- Occasionally write proposal sections or project reports
- Help technical experts become better writers
- Serve as a communications resource for home- and field-office staff
- Minimum three years of relevant work experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing, and lead presentations, training courses, and effective meetings.
- Proficiency in a foreign language preferred.
- Strong organizational and work prioritization skills.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office applications and Adobe Acrobat Professional.
- Knowledge of company’s main client and its operations preferred.
- Willingness to travel and work abroad a minimum of 4-8 weeks per year
- Experience living or working in developing countries preferred
- Strong administrative skills, word processing abilities, and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to follow standard practices and procedures, receive general instruction and supervision on work progress, and make significant contribution to end results.
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, independent thinking, judgment, integrity, and respect for others.
Apply through our Career Center at https://chk.tbe.taleo.net/chk05/ats/careers/jobSearch.jsp?org=CHEMONICS&cws=1 by April 20, 2018. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics. Military veterans, AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply