The Grants Accountant monitors sub-recipients for compliance with federal financial regulations, and verify federal grant sub-recipient expenditures, while serving as backup to the Sr. Grants Accountant. Contributes to the Bishops’ strategic plan for the Conference
- Serves as a liaison between Accounting, IT (MRIS help desk/Program Developer) in the accounting related aspects of the MRIS system (i.e. Grants Management Database).
- Assists Associate MRS Accounting Director with the review and reconciliation of MRIS database records to Abila MIP (the accounting system) in conjunction with month-end close.
- Assists Senior Grants Accountant in preparation of:
- Internal Financial Reporting
- Loan collections, as needed
- Leads troubleshooting process with the Grants Accounting Assistant, to resolve payment issues with sub recipients.
- Coordinates accounts payable process with the Grants Accounting Assistant.
- Analyzes records in the MRIS airlock (sub recipient reimbursement system) to ensure completeness and accuracy prior to extraction for payment.
- Creates Accounts Payable Invoices (API’s) for weekly check runs, by importing data from MRIS to the accounting system.
- Assists with the month end close, annual close, interim audit and annual audit processes
- Trains and coaches Grants Accounting Assistant as necessary.
- Provides guidance to employees as needed in the payment approval process through the Microix payment system.
- Prepares responses to audit confirmation and other requests from sub-recipients and their auditors.
- Assists with the sub recipient monitoring program
- Assists with desk audits and monitoring visits of selected sub-recipients, as needed.
- Generate financial reports for Senior Grants Accountant review as necessary.
- Assist in internal process of grant closeouts, as needed.
- Analyze accounts and prepares adjusting journal entries as necessary
- Other related duties as assigned.
Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree (related work experience may be substituted for education requirements) with a minimum of 3-4 years’ work experience
For further information or to submit a cover letter and resume, visit: