COMMUNICATIONS AND VOLUNTEER MANAGER
Montgomery Housing Partnership (MHP) is seeking a COMMUNICATIONS AND VOLUNTEER MANAGER to serve as the primary communication/public relations and marketing staff of the organization.
Who we are: Montgomery Housing Partnership, Inc. (MHP) is an active and growing nonprofit organization, founded in 1989, that develops, acquires, rehabilitates, and builds quality apartment homes to meet Montgomery County’s growing need for affordable housing. MHP’s community-based projects and programs includes providing affordable rents, developing educational programs for residents to develop skills that expand their opportunities and balance their lives, and implementing neighborhood revitalization efforts in troubled communities impacted by foreclosures and economic downturn.
Summary Job Description: Reporting to the Director of Advancement, the Communications and Volunteer Manager directs the implementation of MHP’s marketing plan and works closely with the Board of Directors, program staff, and volunteers to communicate, advertise and promote MHP’s accomplishments, mission and goals. This position is also responsible for the coordination of volunteer activities.
- Oversees marketing/communications strategy and development of all public relations, communication/marketing materials for MHP, including preparing speeches/remarks, press releases, annual report, brochures, newsletters, written documents, website content and other collateral materials.
- Organizes and staffs press opportunities for MHP’s President, Board of Directors and program staff. Provides support to MHP’s President and Board of Directors in their roles as primary spokespersons for the organization.
- Develops and implements proactive communication outreach and positioning strategies to promote MHP’s programs, services and achievements.
- Develops relationships with press and media organizations (reporters, editors, producers) to enhance opportunities for communicating MHP activities and achievements.
- Manages development and updating of MHP’s website and provides content material.
- Serves as staff photographer and is responsible for collecting and storing photos.
- Coordinates the design of property and event signage.
- Organizes and staffs special events, including property ribbon cutting events, holiday toy drive, and annual golf tournament.
- Develops volunteer program, including recruitment and cultivation of volunteers to assist on a variety of MHP projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferred major in communications, marketing, or public relations.
- Three to five years of steady work experience in marketing/communications.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with website content management systems, both managing and developing content, preferably in Wordpress.
- Familiar with 508 compliance/accessibility.
- Ability to think strategically and make decisions to organize/prioritize daily work.
- Comfortable working in a “small shop” environment, handling multiple tasks simultaneously with minimal staff/administrative support.
- Interest and/or experience in the nonprofit sector, housing issues.
- Good listener, cooperative team player.
- Willingness to commit to and share MHP’s mission and goals.
Apply for COMMUNICATIONS AND VOLUNTEER MANAGER
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly