6 days left
- Full Time
Occasional travel - Up to 5% for training and conferences.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
You must meet all qualification requirements and submit all required supporting documentation by the closing date of this announcement. If you are found to be among the most highly qualified candidates you will be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interview.
To qualify for this position, by the closing date of this announcement, you must meet both the Basic Requirements and the Specialized Experience Requirements for the grade levels to which you are applying. Specialized experience is experience that has equipped you with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the duties of the position successfully. To be creditable, specialized experience must be equivalent to at least the next lower grade level in the Federal service.
All applicants must meet the basic requirements: A bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited college or university with a major in economics that included at least 21 semester hours in economics and 3 semester hours in statistics, accounting, or calculus; or a combination of education and experience including courses equivalent to a major in economics plus appropriate experience or additional education.
Specialized Experience Requirements:
To qualify at the VH-41 (GS-15) grade level, you must have at least (1) full year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the VH-40 (GS-14) grade level in the Federal service that has equipped you with the skills needed to successfully perform the duties of the position. Qualifying specialized experience must demonstrate the following:
- Experience directing or conducting research on developments in farm policy, the agricultural economy, and the agricultural finance sector;
- Experience developing and maintaining agricultural tools for evaluating farm policy and farm sector or agricultural commodity market conditions and their impact on the U.S. agriculture; and
- Experience planning, managing, and coordinating research and analyses with other units within an organization.
There is no substitute of education for specialized experience for the VH-41 (GS-15) grade level.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
This position has a positive education requirement as part of the Basic Qualification Requirements. You MUST submit copies of your transcript(s) that include: your name, the name of the educational institution, course titles, number of semester/quarter hours, grade(s) earned and degree(s) awarded. Educational institutions must be accredited by one of the accrediting agencies or associations recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- All FCA employees are subject to the conflict of interest laws and Standards of Ethical Conduct imposed upon all employees of the Executive Branch of the Federal Government and may be required to file a Financial Disclosure Report.
- FCA's supplemental ethics regulations restrict certain FCA employees concerning their direct or indirect interests in, or connections with, Farm Credit System institutions. These rules also require all employees to obtain approval for outside employment or business activities. Please contact the HR Office for additional information on these rules.
- FCA uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
- This announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies if identical openings in the same series, grade and organizational unit occur.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following knowledge, skills, abilities (KSAs) and other characteristics relevant to the duties of this position:
- Economic Policy, Principles and Practices
- Risk Analysis
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
Your resume serves as the basis for the determination of your qualifications and should highlight relevant work experience and education (if applicable) as it relates to this position. Your resume must include the following information:
- Paid and non-paid work experience including your position title, start and end dates (month/year) of employment, average number of hours worked per week and salary;
- Position series and grade for Federal positions;
- Indication of the knowledge, skills and education you have that are pertinent to this position;
- Specific duties you have performed as a regular part of your job with indications of the level of responsibility and complexity of work;
- Names and contact information for your current and/or previous supervisor(s).
You must provide the information specified above in your resume to be considered for this position. Your resume must include enough detail to permit a valid determination that you meet eligibility and specialized experience requirements for each grade for which you are applying. Take a look at this online video for ideas on how to communicate your qualifications.
If review of your resume and your responses to the self-assessment questions demonstrate that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, a score will be manually determined that reflects your documented experience. This may result in a lower score which may eliminate you from consideration for this position.
Your application will be evaluated and rated under Category Rating and Selection procedures. Eligible candidates will be placed in one of three pre-defined quality categories as described below:
Highly-Qualified Category: In addition to meeting minimum qualifications, applicants must fully demonstrate proficiency in all major aspects of the position.
Well-Qualified Category: In addition to meeting minimum qualifications, applicants must demonstrate proficiency in some but not all of the major aspects of the position.
Qualified Category: In addition to meeting minimum qualifications, applicants must demonstrate a basic level of knowledge, skill and ability of the position.
Under category rating procedures, veterans' preference points and the "rule of three" are not applied. Eligible veterans are placed ahead of non-preference eligibles within each pre-defined quality category. Preference eligibles who meet minimum qualification requirements and who have a compensable service-connected disability of at least 10 percent (i.e., CPS and CP) are listed in the Highly-Qualified category except when the position is being filled is scientific or professional at the VH-35 (GS-09) grade level or higher.
Agency Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP) or Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) candidates must be rated "Well Qualified" for the position to receive priority consideration.
Click the following link to preview the applicant questionnaire: Preview Applicant Questionnaire. Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation