Senior Manager, Land Mobile
Build, grow and manage Intelsat's land mobile business as part of an innovative mobility team that is responsible for transforming the customer experience by creating and bringing to market new products and services based upon globalized connectivity without boundaries. We reach beyond the traditional satellite industry and the broader communications landscape. Define new products with the performance, features, and flexibility required to open new profitable revenue streams in the land mobile segment and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. This role requires a bold thinker and strong leader who will advance our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
Responsible for the leadership and management of the land mobile business, provide leadership for all Intelsat constituent support groups, and to the land mobile team; establish KPIs; define and size market opportunities; define service offerings / competition/ positioning; define service delivery, identify and develop channels to market; develop business models and associated investment business cases and develop relationships with key partners.
Qualified candidates will possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Degree in business with at least ten (10) years of relevant experience in wireless communications and/or satellite
- Honed leadership skills with the desire and ability to develop team members, must have direct management experience (not contractors).
- Effective English language communication skills, both written and verbal
- Advanced MS Office Suite proficiency, particularly with MS Excel and MS PowerPoint.
- Ability to prepare quality materials/decks and present them in a polished and effective way to all levels of the organization
- Excellent organization, project and process management skills
- Business and technical knowledge of relevant communications eco-system components
- Knowledge of the businesses of land mobile end users across key verticals
- Ability and desire to travel up to 40% to meet business needs
- Strong financial acumen
The following additional knowledge, skills and/or abilities are highly desired:
- Experience managing P&L
- Leadership: Provide a positive leadership style across multiple departments that embeds a spirit of competitiveness and winning within the market vertical team and across the company: Work through others as an Enterprise Leader: Identify and build cross-functional relationships to drive strategic initiatives - must be a leader as well as a task-oriented achiever. Make decisions: Move forward despite uncertainty and an enormous amount of potentially relevant information; create a team culture of forward movement and accountability. Be a change agent: Set clear goals and KPIs. Drive resolution to issues as they arise. Analyze successes /failures to identify opportunities for improvement
- Financial Planning & Reporting: Manage the P&L for the market vertical. Consistently look for growth in revenue and profitability: Create sector revenue plan with Sales and Marketing management for increased revenue and market-share; Support the commercialization of managed services in key strategic opportunities and customers. Create and implement capex and opex plans with product managers for the Intelsat services to be delivered in each market sector; Provide input into Intelsat fleet deployment planning to optimize capex spending; Lead monthly program reviews to define success, performance gaps and action plans.
- Define and Deliver Service Offerings: Direct product, marketing and sales teams through the definition of B2B customer use cases to drive service and feature-set development; Prioritize service requirements for support Organizations: Innovation, Product Development, Market Development, Network Engineering and Operations; Ensure development of coherent service strategy and pricing from Mhz to end-to-end service offerings.
- Global and Regional Go-To-Market Plans: Develop and deploy (global and regional) go-to-market plans to enable sales to maximize focus and revenues: Deliver go-to-market plans for direct and partner sales via product managers and marketing; Drive the continued development and use of key account plans in each market sector; Ensure clarity between direct, partnered and channel sales activities.
- Build and Manage the Market Sector Team: Build a world class Market Sector team by emphasizing the correct hiring, development and management of personnel: Identify and hire the right product management skills/talent; Partner with Global Sales and CSE leadership to develop the most effective customer engagement team for current and future services; Provide or recommend corrective plans where course correction is required. Utilize coaching as a key methodology to shape individual and team behaviors.
- Customer, Channel and Ecosystem Partner Relationships: Develop personal relationships at C levels with top partners in your market sector. Drive ecosystem and channel strategies and relationships forward, positioning Intelsat's sector solutions at the forefront of their focus and priorities.
- Key Relationships: Partner with the Global Sales VP and CSE global Director to field the best customer team; Lead and coach the Product teams; Ensure that Marketing team is delivering on Product, Regional and Channel actions/content; Partner with Intelsat FP&A team to develop 5 year plan along with P&L tracking and reporting; Provide product & operational priorities to Operations.
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.