IT SPECIALIST (APPSW)
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
BASIC REQUIREMENTS: The 2210 Information Technology Management occupational series has a specific Basic Requirement that applies to all positions. Applicants must meet the following statements:
1. Attention to Detail: Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
2. Customer Service: Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
3. Oral Communication: Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
4. Problem Solving: Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
SELECTIVE PLACEMENT FACTOR: Applicants must have a minimum of one year of experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility comparable to the next lower grade or comparable band to qualify for this position. If you do not have this experience, you will be deemed ineligible and will not be further considered. Your resume must demonstrate that you have this experience.
- Possess hands-on experience with the development of Apex, Visual force pages, Lightning experience, and/or similar technologies.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must have a minimum of one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility comparable to the next lower grade or comparable pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private sector. Examples of specialized experience are:
You may qualify at the GS-13 level, if you fulfill the following qualification requirement:
One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private sector that demonstrates your ability to perform the following: Applying application development principles, concepts, methods, and practices to provide technical advice to (a) junior members of the team, (b) third party application developers, and (c) management and other technical specialists regarding application development, and code reuse and scalability.
You may qualify at the GS-14 level, if you fulfill the following qualification requirement:
One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private sector that demonstrates your ability to perform the following: Applying application development principles, concepts, methods, and practices to provide technical advice to (a) junior members of the team, (b) third party application developers, and (c) management and other technical specialists regarding application development, and code reuse and scalability and (d) expert knowledge of competitive marketplace and industry trends to create project proposals.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service program (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Only experience and education obtained by the closing date of this announcement will be considered.
Status candidates must meet time-in-grade requirements (52 weeks at the next lower grade level).
Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA): To be eligible for a VEOA appointment under Merit Promotion procedures, you must be a preference eligible or a Veteran separated after 3 years or more of continuous active service performed under honorable conditions.
Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (see https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx).
Career Transition Assistance Programs: These programs apply to employees who have been involuntarily separated from a Federal service position within the competitive service or Federal service employees whose positions have been deemed surplus or no longer needed. To receive selection priority for this position, you must: (1) meet CTAP or ICTAP eligibility criteria; (2) be rated well-qualified for the position with a score of 85 or above; and, (3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your CTAP or ICTAP eligibility. For more information
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy Statement: http://www.eeoc.gov/federal/index.cfm
Employment Information Resources - Resource Center: https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/Main_Page
Noncompetitive Appointment Authorities: For more information on noncompetitive appointment authority eligibility requirements:
- Person with Disabilities - Schedule A
- Special Hiring Authorities for Veterans
- Special Hiring Authorities for Certain Military Spouses
- Other Special Appointment Authorities
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine if you meet the qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application package, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this position. If you are found to be among the top qualified candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
Customer Service, Oral Communication, Software Development, and Technical Competence