Supervisory IT Specialist (Applications Software)
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position in order to attend meetings and/or training.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Applicants must possess IT related experience demonstrating EACH of the four IT Specialist competencies AND one year of specialized experience as described below:
1. Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
2. Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
3. Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
4. Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
You must have one full year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level in federal service. Specialized experience is experience that has equipped you with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled.
To qualify at the CU-14 level, you must have one full year of specialized experience equivalent to the CU/GS-13 level in federal service (obtained in either the public or private sectors).
This experience must include:
- Managing IT projects or programs;
- Defining software requirements; and
- Performing software testing, development, and installation.
You must meet the qualifications for this position by the closing date of this announcement.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
SALARY: Pay will be set using NCUA's Compensation policy. The salary range shown is NCUA's Local Pay Rate (LPR) which includes a locality rate of 39.87 percent for the Alexandria, VA geographical area.
SELECTIVE SERVICE: If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, you must certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so under the Selective Service Law. You may register or check status of your registration by visiting the Selective Service website at: http://www.sss.gov/.
This position is NOT in the bargaining unit.
NCUA IS A COMPETITIVE SERVICE AGENCY.
NCUAuses E-Verify, an Internet-based system, to confirm the eligibility of all newly hired employees to work in the United States.
Learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
First, your application package will be reviewed for completeness (resume, completed assessment questionnaire, and supporting documentation). You will not be considered if you fail to submit all the required documents as outlined in this vacancy announcement. Second, if you have a complete application package, your RESUME will be reviewed to determine if you meet the basic qualifications and specialized experience requirements (see "Qualification and Evaluations" section). You must provide specific details in your resume as to how your experience meets the specialized experience. Third, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses to the assessment questions. The numerical rating you receive is based on your responses to the questions. If upon review it is determined that your resume and supporting documentation do not support your responses to the questions, your numerical rating may be adjusted and you may be excluded from consideration for this position.
If you are found to be among the top qualified candidates, your application will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration. To preview the application questionnaire, please click here:https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10147438 . Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
- Oral Communication
- Software Development
- Software Engineering