Lead Contact Representative (Lead Customer Service Representative)
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
GS-9: Your SSA-45 must show at least one year of qualifying specialized experience equivalent to the GS-8 grade level in the Field Office/Card Center and (1) screening and routing visitors through the Visitor Intake Process redesign (VIPr) Program; (2) receiving and verifying medical continuing disability review documents or processing enumerations; or (3) mentoring or providing formal/informal training to Field Office Customer Service Representatives (CSRs) on Social Security laws, regulations, policies, and procedures.
Applicants must also meet the following to qualify for this position:
- Meet and deal ability is required. By the closing date of the announcement, candidates who have not occupied SSA positions for which meet-and-deal ability is required as a selective placement factor MUST upload a completed Certification of Meet and Deal Ability form. If you do not submit the form by the closing date of the announcement, you will be disqualified for the position. If you do not already have this documentation, contact your supervisor or manager.
- Candidates who are in/have held positions requiring meet-and-deal certification do NOT have to submit documentation when applying for this position. Click here to view a list of positions that meet this requirement.
Applicants must have 52 weeks at the GS-8 or higher.
Time in grade requirement must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
Substitution of education for experience is not applicable.
Position to be filled under the provisions of the SSA/AFGE Merit Promotion Plan. Additional selections may be made within 3 months of the date of the initial selection.
LOCALITY PAY: Salary will be set in accordance with locality pay provisions. The locality pay for this position is 28.22%. Candidates currently receiving a higher locality pay than the office applied for are advised that should they be selected, they will lose entitlement to the higher locality pay.
This is not a career ladder position; GS-9 is the full performance level.
This position is not eligible for telework.
Relocation expenses will not be paid.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants will rated using a 100-point scale and evaluated according to the following criteria:Experience Assessment: 50 points
Performance Appraisal: 35 points
Awards: 10 points
Career Achievements: 5 points
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are necessary to perform the duties of the position:
- Knowledge of SSA programs, rules, laws, regulations and post-entitlement processes.
- Ability to lead and motivate others.
- Ability to analyze and research issues to resolve workflow problems, errors or discrepancies.
- Ability to communicate orally.
- Ability to communicate in writing.
- Ability to use online technology and automation tools.
Applicants will be assessed using the rating criteria listed in the following link: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10179694 Read more Security clearance Not Applicable