Relocation expenses reimbursed No
SPECIAL CONDITIONS: Willingness to submit to a Tier 2 Moderate Background Investigation (MBI). This investigation requires, among other things, completion of a questionnaire and fingerprinting for a criminal records check. The investigation may require a drug test. The successful applicant will be required to meet and maintain the requirements of this level of background investigation while holding this position.SUPERVISION
Assistant Laboratory Director
The United States Postal Service has the following excellent and challenging employment opportunity for highly motivated and innovative individuals. Successful candidates must demonstrate through a combination of education, training, and experience the following requirements:
- Knowledge of forensic science techniques, laboratory protocols, scientific methodologies, and forensic physical, instrumental, and chemical examination procedures sufficient to conduct detailed and complex analyses and interpret the value of evidentiary items.
- Knowledge of evidence collection, preservation, packaging and shipment procedures sufficient to serve as a technical advisor in such matters, and to ensure evidence handling requirements are met.
- Ability to conduct research and prepare technical papers for publication and presentation at professional meetings.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in order to prepare reports of examination results and conclusions, and provide testimony as an expert witness before state, federal or other judicial bodies.
- Ability to provide training related to laboratory services, evidence collection, and field examination.
- EDUCATION REQUIREMENT Bachelor's degree in physical or biological sciences, life sciences, chemistry or a closely related field from a college or university accredited by a national or regional accreditation organization recognized and sanctioned by the U.S. Department of Education.
Desirable qualification for Forensic Chemist is Certification by the American Board of Criminalistics.
Reimbursement of relocation expenses will NOT be authorized.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Qualified applicants must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening to meet the U.S. Postal Service's requirement to be drug free. Applicants must also be a U.S. citizen or have permanent resident alien status.