Human Resources Assistant (Processing)
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
All qualification requirements must be met by 11:59 Eastern Time on 04/17/2018
To qualify for the GS-6 level, applicants must have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-5 level in the Federal service that included: 1) processing a full range of Human Resources actions for primarily General Schedule (GS) pay plans in accordance with appropriate laws and regulations; 2) establishing and maintaining electronic Official Personnel Folders (e-OPF) in accordance with Federal and agency policies and procedures; 3) utilizing the Guide to Processing Personnel Actions for instructions on processing and coding personnel actions; 4) assisting in identifying and resolving payroll-related issues; and 5) performing mathematical calculations in order to determine personnel service computation dates, appropriate pay adjustments and with-in-grade increases. (Must be reflected in resume)
To qualify at the GS-7 level, applicants must have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-6 level in the Federal service that included: 1) inputting personnel information, including personnel actions and records, into automated systems; 2) assisting HR offices with ensuring that personnel actions are processed in accordance with documented timeframes and commitments; 3) making decisions and recommendations in terms of obtaining additional information; 4) outlining options and recommending appropriate actions to solve problems in written reports or briefings; and 5) processing new hire data, promotions, separations, and transfers through PeopleSoft or similar automated systems. (Must be reflected in resume)
Background Investigation: All selected applicants must undergo and successfully complete a background investigation for Suitability as a condition of placement in this Non-Sensitive level position. This review includes financial issues such as delinquency in the payment of debts, child support and/or tax obligations, as well as certain criminal offenses and illegal use or possession of drugs.
Please be clear and specific in describing your experience. If your resume does not support your claim of qualifying experience, we will not allow credit for your response(s). for more information on the qualifications for this position, click HERE
There is no educational substitute for this series and grade.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (see http://www.sss.gov/).
- Veterans who are preference eligible or who have been separated from the armed forces under honorable conditions after three years or more of continuous active service are eligible for consideration under the Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA). See: http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/shav/index.aspx#veoa
- Special Hiring Authorities Information: Individuals under the Veterans' Recruitment Act (VRA), 30 Percent or More Disabled Veterans, Military Spouses, Certain Former Overseas Employees, and Schedule A Disabled may be considered under special hiring authorities. For more information see: https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/Special_Hiring_Options
- Career Transition Assistance Plan/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP/ICTAP): For information on how to apply as a CTAP/ICTAP eligible, see http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/workforce-restructuring/employee-guide-to-career-transition/ctap_guideline.pdf. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, surplus or displaced Federal employee must meet the basic eligibility requirements and all selective factors, and be rated and determined to be well qualified (or above) based on an evaluation of the competencies listed in the How You Will Be Evaluated section. When assessed through a score-based category rating method, applicants must receive a rating of at least 85 out of a possible 100.
- This is a ?non-bargaining position.
- This position may be eligible for telework within the commuting area of the duty location of the position. Employee participation is at the discretion of the supervisor.
- If contacted for an interview, applicants must be available within 3 business days.
- Applicants who receive a tentative job offer will have 2 business days to respond.
- This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your qualifications will be evaluated based on your responses to the online assessments completed during the application process. You will be assessed on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
- Attention to Detail
- Customer Service
- Decision Making
- Interpersonal Skills
- Stress Tolerance
The questionnaire will assess your qualifications for the job, and will be used to identify the best qualified applicants to be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interviews. Your ratings in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Attempts to falsify information, inflate your qualifications or provide inaccurate information on federal documents may be grounds to adjust your rating or to not select you. Errors, omissions or providing inaccurate information on federal documents may affect your eligibility. If selected, providing inaccurate information on federal documents could also be grounds for dismissing you from the position/agency. Please follow all instructions carefully. Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation